Learning is not just for kids – adults from around the region are looking for enrichment and the opportunity to learn new skills.
Alverno College offers non-credit, continuing education classes for women and men. On tap for fall: Introduction to Buddhism, Abstract Painting, Excel 2010 Charts and Graphics, Reversing Insomnia, Yoga Mix, and much more.
Alverno’s community education program, Telesis, engages the mind, body and spirit through a broad range of topics and subject areas. The fall classes are now on-line at www.alverno.edu/telesis, or call for a brochure: 414-382-6200.
Learn about Great Britain’s Queen Elizabeth II during her Diamond Jubilee year, or the health benefits of traditional Chinese medicines; explore the Mother-Goddess religion, or discover practical advice and spiritual support for your job search in “Job Search Courage.”
Alverno College is located at 3400 South 43rd Street, convenient to major roads, I-894 and I-43. Parking is free, off-street and abundant. For more information on Telesis classes, visit www.alverno.edu/telesis or call 414-382-6200.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Back to School Event for Foster Children Urges Public to Volunteer
- Real Time - First Friday Performance Series at Danceworks
- Catey Ott Dance Collective: 3rd (i) EYE Conscious
- The UMDF Energy for Life Walk is September 26th!
- Memoir about Oak Creek
- Cyclists Will Ride Toward a World Free of MS at Bike MS: TOYOTA Best Dam Bike Tour
- Thankful for a tobacco-free Dad
- Daley Debutantes Youth Group Celebrates 60th Anniversary
- Enjoy Shop St. Francis Week, June 29th to July 5th
- Southside Bicycle Day!