Learning is not just for kids – adults from around the region are looking for enrichment and the opportunity to learn new skills.
Alverno College offers non-credit, continuing education classes for women and men. On tap for fall: Introduction to Buddhism, Abstract Painting, Excel 2010 Charts and Graphics, Reversing Insomnia, Yoga Mix, and much more.
Alverno’s community education program, Telesis, engages the mind, body and spirit through a broad range of topics and subject areas. The fall classes are now on-line at www.alverno.edu/telesis, or call for a brochure: 414-382-6200.
Learn about Great Britain’s Queen Elizabeth II during her Diamond Jubilee year, or the health benefits of traditional Chinese medicines; explore the Mother-Goddess religion, or discover practical advice and spiritual support for your job search in “Job Search Courage.”
Alverno College is located at 3400 South 43rd Street, convenient to major roads, I-894 and I-43. Parking is free, off-street and abundant. For more information on Telesis classes, visit www.alverno.edu/telesis or call 414-382-6200.
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- Back To School....BBB Reminds You To Shop Smart!
- Railway Adventure Trip
- First Annual St. Robert Pretzel Run Offers Participants Fun and a Tasty Treat
- 15th Stu's Flooring Benefit Golf Outing Tees Off
- 40th Anniversary of the SM 1976 State Basketball Champs
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market temporarily moves for Evening on the Avenue Street Festival
- St Francis School District Rummage Sale
- South Milwaukee Performing Arts Center Presents: The Donny McCaslin Group- Musicians on David Bowie's Blackstar