On Tuesday, Sept. 11 from 6-9 p.m., a special exhibit of Nicaraguan artwork will be on display at Bloom: Center for Art and Integrated Therapies, 2625 S. Greeley St., Suite 205, Bay View in the Hide House.
The exhibit, “Circles of Solidarity for Cantera,” was designed by a group of Mount Mary graduate art therapy students who conducted internships in Nicaragua this summer. It was created to introduce Milwaukee to the Nicaraguan organization of Cantera.
Cantera was developed after the devastation of the Contra war in Nicaragua and strives for a more humane, equal and sustainable society enriched by diversity. The organization is focused on strengthening the identity and capabilities of the individuals and communities with whom they work.
Artwork shown is directly related to the students’ internship experience working with Cantera in Nicaragua. On display will be approximately 25 pieces of art that were created by the Mount Mary art therapy interns as part of their Nicaraguan experience, as well as Nicaraguan art.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- St. Mark's "Night of the Father's Love"
- Church Concert
- Gingerbread Express – Memory Lane
- BBB Balances 2014 Trends with Tips for Smart Holiday Shoppers
- Warm Your Heart Chili & Jewelry Event
- St. Francis Civic Center Gala and Tree Lighting events
- Celebrate a PINK Shabbat!
- 2015 GET FIT Workshop - Kelly Senior Center
- Bartelt Hosts Hunger Task Force Food Drive
- Br(OK)en Genius is Healing Communities Through Art