On Tuesday, Sept. 11 from 6-9 p.m., a special exhibit of Nicaraguan artwork will be on display at Bloom: Center for Art and Integrated Therapies, 2625 S. Greeley St., Suite 205, Bay View in the Hide House.
The exhibit, “Circles of Solidarity for Cantera,” was designed by a group of Mount Mary graduate art therapy students who conducted internships in Nicaragua this summer. It was created to introduce Milwaukee to the Nicaraguan organization of Cantera.
Cantera was developed after the devastation of the Contra war in Nicaragua and strives for a more humane, equal and sustainable society enriched by diversity. The organization is focused on strengthening the identity and capabilities of the individuals and communities with whom they work.
Artwork shown is directly related to the students’ internship experience working with Cantera in Nicaragua. On display will be approximately 25 pieces of art that were created by the Mount Mary art therapy interns as part of their Nicaraguan experience, as well as Nicaraguan art.
- HamBINGO Thursday June 2 to Benefit Second Hand Purrs
- County Parks Offers Free Chess Camps
- World Wide Knit in Public Day Celebration at Cudahy Family Library
- Art Show at Cudahy Depot
- OAKVIEW BUSINESS PARK LOOKS TO CAPITALIZE ON ROBUST OAK CREEK DEVELOPMENT MARKET
- Huge Bicycle Auction
- Spring Festival at Polonia Sport Club
- A Disappearing Continues!
- Eat at Transfer Pizzeria May 9-23 to benefit Second Hand Purrs
- Holly and Joey Baird of the Wisconsin Vegetable Gardener at the Cudahy Family Library in June