On Tuesday, Sept. 11 from 6-9 p.m., a special exhibit of Nicaraguan artwork will be on display at Bloom: Center for Art and Integrated Therapies, 2625 S. Greeley St., Suite 205, Bay View in the Hide House.
The exhibit, “Circles of Solidarity for Cantera,” was designed by a group of Mount Mary graduate art therapy students who conducted internships in Nicaragua this summer. It was created to introduce Milwaukee to the Nicaraguan organization of Cantera.
Cantera was developed after the devastation of the Contra war in Nicaragua and strives for a more humane, equal and sustainable society enriched by diversity. The organization is focused on strengthening the identity and capabilities of the individuals and communities with whom they work.
Artwork shown is directly related to the students’ internship experience working with Cantera in Nicaragua. On display will be approximately 25 pieces of art that were created by the Mount Mary art therapy interns as part of their Nicaraguan experience, as well as Nicaraguan art.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Little House Book Club at St. Francis Library
- Virtual School Students Meet Classmates at Discovery World Field Trip
- Lego Club Launches at St. Francis Library
- Kohl's Wild Theater
- 2014 Breakfast with Santa
- IndependenceFirst Stride & Glide 5K and family-friendly fitness event
- Christmas Rummage & Bake Sales at Depot on Saturday
- BBB's 8 Tips to Avoid Locksmith Scams
- Chanukah in the Chocolate Factory!
- Kick Off Chanukah at East Side Public Menorah Celebration