On Tuesday, Sept. 11 from 6-9 p.m., a special exhibit of Nicaraguan artwork will be on display at Bloom: Center for Art and Integrated Therapies, 2625 S. Greeley St., Suite 205, Bay View in the Hide House.
The exhibit, “Circles of Solidarity for Cantera,” was designed by a group of Mount Mary graduate art therapy students who conducted internships in Nicaragua this summer. It was created to introduce Milwaukee to the Nicaraguan organization of Cantera.
Cantera was developed after the devastation of the Contra war in Nicaragua and strives for a more humane, equal and sustainable society enriched by diversity. The organization is focused on strengthening the identity and capabilities of the individuals and communities with whom they work.
Artwork shown is directly related to the students’ internship experience working with Cantera in Nicaragua. On display will be approximately 25 pieces of art that were created by the Mount Mary art therapy interns as part of their Nicaraguan experience, as well as Nicaraguan art.
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- Back To School....BBB Reminds You To Shop Smart!
- Railway Adventure Trip
- First Annual St. Robert Pretzel Run Offers Participants Fun and a Tasty Treat
- 15th Stu's Flooring Benefit Golf Outing Tees Off
- 40th Anniversary of the SM 1976 State Basketball Champs
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market temporarily moves for Evening on the Avenue Street Festival
- St Francis School District Rummage Sale
- South Milwaukee Performing Arts Center Presents: The Donny McCaslin Group- Musicians on David Bowie's Blackstar