Festival City Symphony will begin its 2012-2013 "Symphony Sundays" series with a concert entitled From the New World on Sunday, October 7, 2012, at 3:00 p.m. at the Pabst Theater, 144 E. Wells Street.
The orchestra will perform Dvorak's energetic, yet pastoral "Symphony No. 9, From the New World" and Louis Moreau Gottschalk's "Cakewalk," a series of five of his piano pieces arranged for orchestra by Hershey Kay, including "Grand Walkaround," "Magic Act," and "Wild Pony."
All "Symphony Sundays" performances include descriptive program information from the stage by Conductor Monte Perkins. Education Director Jayne Perkins will present Children's Program Notes at 2:45 p.m. to help children become familiar with the music they are about to hear. Symphony Sundays concerts are best suited for children grade 2 and older.
Admission to each concert is $14 for adults and $8 for children, students, and seniors. Early-bird season ticket packs are available through October 1, 2012, in several categories – a season Family Pack admits an entire family to all four concerts for just $75; Couples Packs admit two people to all four concerts for $72; a Single Adult Pack admits one adult to all four concerts for just $50; and a Senior or Student Pack admits one adult over age 60 or a student to all four concerts for $28. Information about purchasing season ticket packs and group tickets may be obtained by calling Festival City Symphony at 414-963-9067 or by visiting festivalcitysymphony.org. Individual tickets may be purchased by calling the Pabst Theater Box Office at 414-286-3663 or online at pabsttheater.org.
Milwaukee's Festival City Symphony, the oldest performing symphony orchestra in the area, showcases area professional musicians. Its mission is to extend the reach of classical music in the community with reasonable pricing and informative formats that embrace people of all ages. For more information, visit festivalcitysymphony.org or call 414-963-9067.
- Kitten Baby Shower Saturday May 7 at Second Hand Purrs
- South Milwaukee Little League Opening Day
- MARDI GRAS IN MAY!
- Sister Edna’s Jewelry Gets Shiny New Look
- Midwest Premiere Event "A Disappearing"
- Play Minecraft in a Movie Theatre
- One week left to consider virtual education for your child
- Go Green, Gold and Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Becky’s Blissful Bakery Enters Partnerships to Create Cutting-Edge Caramel Pairings; First of its Kind in the Caramel Industry
- Spring Estate and Rummage Sale at St. Ann Center