On September 14, 2012, Christine O'Meally, the MacDowell Club of Milwaukee's Vice-President
of Special Events, presented the Club's Distinguished Member Award to Wisconsin’s venerable “Ambassador of Contemporary Music”, Milton Peckarsky of Whitefish Bay, with his wife, Vivian, at his side.
Held during a private reception at his home, he was honored not only for his long-time service to the Club, but presented with an accompanying Proclamation from Milwaukee’s Mayor Tom Barrett declaring September 14th, 2012, “Milton Peckarsky Day” in recognition of his lifetime dedication to music.
Well known for his countless solo and chamber music appearances throughout Wisconsin, he has shared his enviable experience with fellow MacDowell Club members as well as numerous area musicians, providing extraordinary educational and performance opportunities – especially through the works of composers of our time.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- St. Thomas More High School Prepares for Recycling Drive
- Rocktoberfest Beer Tasting
- Rudyard Kipling comes to Milwaukee in advance of his 150th birthday!
- Local Contractor on Mission to Educate First Time Homeowners
- Bartelt Wins Two MBA Achievement Awards
- Babe's Ice Cream Turns 10 Years Old
- HamBINGO Thursday October 8 to Benefit Second Hand Purrs
- Watch for New Technology at the Cash Register
- Milwaukee Public Library, Bay View Branch to Host Wisconsin Water Photo Display
- Herbert Lowe featured speaker at UW-Parkside