On September 14, 2012, Christine O'Meally, the MacDowell Club of Milwaukee's Vice-President
of Special Events, presented the Club's Distinguished Member Award to Wisconsin’s venerable “Ambassador of Contemporary Music”, Milton Peckarsky of Whitefish Bay, with his wife, Vivian, at his side.
Held during a private reception at his home, he was honored not only for his long-time service to the Club, but presented with an accompanying Proclamation from Milwaukee’s Mayor Tom Barrett declaring September 14th, 2012, “Milton Peckarsky Day” in recognition of his lifetime dedication to music.
Well known for his countless solo and chamber music appearances throughout Wisconsin, he has shared his enviable experience with fellow MacDowell Club members as well as numerous area musicians, providing extraordinary educational and performance opportunities – especially through the works of composers of our time.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Rose Tattoo folk group to be revived in Milwaukee
- Bayview Historical Society 35th Anniversary Celebration
- St. Thomas More High School to Dedicate New Gym Floor to Coach Rick Majerus
- Band Concert - Cudahy Historical Society
- Habitat for Humanity Selects Flat Rate Home Services to Assist in New Project
- Meijer Launches Simply Give Campaign in New Wisconsin Supercenters
- Milwaukee's Inner-City Youth Have a Reason to Read & Succeed
- Mayor Announces that City of St. Francis Development efforts moving forward
- Increased aircraft activity over Milwaukee this week
- Library mini-sale at Cudahy Farmer's Market