On September 14, 2012, Christine O'Meally, the MacDowell Club of Milwaukee's Vice-President
of Special Events, presented the Club's Distinguished Member Award to Wisconsin’s venerable “Ambassador of Contemporary Music”, Milton Peckarsky of Whitefish Bay, with his wife, Vivian, at his side.
Held during a private reception at his home, he was honored not only for his long-time service to the Club, but presented with an accompanying Proclamation from Milwaukee’s Mayor Tom Barrett declaring September 14th, 2012, “Milton Peckarsky Day” in recognition of his lifetime dedication to music.
Well known for his countless solo and chamber music appearances throughout Wisconsin, he has shared his enviable experience with fellow MacDowell Club members as well as numerous area musicians, providing extraordinary educational and performance opportunities – especially through the works of composers of our time.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- BBB Offers Tips for Hearts and Wallets this Valentine’s Day
- Rustic Furniture Maker at St. Ann Center Indoor Market
- Bartelt Wins 2016 Regional Contractor of the Year (CotY) Award
- UWP March Science Night - Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club: February schedule
- LOST Miniature Poodle in Wauwatosa
- Encouraging Kindness in your Children
- UW-Parkside Traditions of Excellence Nominations
- Chicago Block Clubs and Social Justice Examined in Talk at UWM, Feb. 26
- Bike Donations Needed