On September 14, 2012, Christine O'Meally, the MacDowell Club of Milwaukee's Vice-President
of Special Events, presented the Club's Distinguished Member Award to Wisconsin’s venerable “Ambassador of Contemporary Music”, Milton Peckarsky of Whitefish Bay, with his wife, Vivian, at his side.
Held during a private reception at his home, he was honored not only for his long-time service to the Club, but presented with an accompanying Proclamation from Milwaukee’s Mayor Tom Barrett declaring September 14th, 2012, “Milton Peckarsky Day” in recognition of his lifetime dedication to music.
Well known for his countless solo and chamber music appearances throughout Wisconsin, he has shared his enviable experience with fellow MacDowell Club members as well as numerous area musicians, providing extraordinary educational and performance opportunities – especially through the works of composers of our time.
- Join the Fight Against Cancer! Register for the Relay For Life of the Southern Eight!
- Kitten Baby Shower Saturday May 7 at Second Hand Purrs
- South Milwaukee Little League Opening Day
- MARDI GRAS IN MAY!
- Sister Edna’s Jewelry Gets Shiny New Look
- Midwest Premiere Event "A Disappearing"
- Play Minecraft in a Movie Theatre
- One week left to consider virtual education for your child
- Go Green, Gold and Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Becky’s Blissful Bakery Enters Partnerships to Create Cutting-Edge Caramel Pairings; First of its Kind in the Caramel Industry