Living Waters Contemplative Life Center invites you to our....
Harvest Drumming Circle
Friday Night September 28th 7pm
….in the back garden around the fire pit!
Bring a lawn chair (or grab a chair from inside) and bring your own drum or rhythm instrument.. perhaps a pot or pan or a homemade drum!
Experience the healing power of vibration enriched by shared quiet, storytelling, an honoring of fall's abundance….and s’mores!
Pastor Karen Hagen and Elder Michele Bergemann will be our guides!Donna Yahola (Ojibwa cultural educator) will join us offering Native American stories of the moon! Miigwetch, Donna!
All ages welcome!
Hosted at Tippecanoe Church
125 West Saveland Avenue
BayView area of Milwaukee
'Healing Power of the Drum Circle' by Michael Drake, Sacred Hoop Magazine, Spring 2003
Indigenous cultures have been practicing community percussion for thousands of years. Now people all over the world are taking up drumming in astounding numbers. At a grass roots level, small community drum circles are springing up. While some drum circles are content to jam and make a lot of rhythmic noise, others prefer to explore the healing power of drumming.
Healing drumming circles are a time-honored method of healing and helping others. Drum circles provide the opportunity for people of like mind to unite for the attainment of a shared objective. There is power in drumming alone, but that power recombines and multiplies on many simultaneous levels in a group of drummers. The drums draw individual energies together, unifying them into a consolidated force.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- First Day of School for St. Francis Public Schools
- Kelly Senior Center invites you to join their monthly Luncheon Outings
- Fun and Affordable Day Trips through Kelly Senior Center
- Animated Illusionist Ardan James to Perform
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market Plans Grand Reopening on July 31st - Shows off remodeled 11th Avenue Streetscape
- Bay View High School Holding 100th Anniversary
- Brain Injury Resource Center of Wisconsin, Inc.’s new informational commercial
- Post-Summer Polar Vortex, Return to the Beach and Check a Website for Conditions
- Local Theater Company Places Women in Spotlight in Upcoming World Premiere
- Relay For Life of the Southern 8 - August 1st