Living Waters Contemplative Life Center invites you to our....
Harvest Drumming Circle
Friday Night September 28th 7pm
….in the back garden around the fire pit!
Bring a lawn chair (or grab a chair from inside) and bring your own drum or rhythm instrument.. perhaps a pot or pan or a homemade drum!
Experience the healing power of vibration enriched by shared quiet, storytelling, an honoring of fall's abundance….and s’mores!
Pastor Karen Hagen and Elder Michele Bergemann will be our guides!Donna Yahola (Ojibwa cultural educator) will join us offering Native American stories of the moon! Miigwetch, Donna!
All ages welcome!
Hosted at Tippecanoe Church
125 West Saveland Avenue
BayView area of Milwaukee
'Healing Power of the Drum Circle' by Michael Drake, Sacred Hoop Magazine, Spring 2003
Indigenous cultures have been practicing community percussion for thousands of years. Now people all over the world are taking up drumming in astounding numbers. At a grass roots level, small community drum circles are springing up. While some drum circles are content to jam and make a lot of rhythmic noise, others prefer to explore the healing power of drumming.
Healing drumming circles are a time-honored method of healing and helping others. Drum circles provide the opportunity for people of like mind to unite for the attainment of a shared objective. There is power in drumming alone, but that power recombines and multiplies on many simultaneous levels in a group of drummers. The drums draw individual energies together, unifying them into a consolidated force.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- City of Cudahy Arbor Day/ Earth Day Free Event
- HUGE Kelly Senior Center Rummage - Saturday, April 26
- St. Francis All Abilities Playground Craft/Vendor Fair
- Learn about Compost on Earth Day at Brew City Gardens
- HamBingo Wednesday April 23 Benefiting Second Hand Purrs
- Spring Market Returns to SM High School on April 26th
- Build For A Better South Shore
- St. Francis Library Spring Party
- Eat at Ruby Tuesday in Greendale April 17-19 to Benefit Second Hand Purrs
- 20th Assembly District Candidate Mike Pierce Names Campaign Manager