On September 12, Howard Village senior community hosted a Blessing of the Hands ceremony in which the hands of caregivers were anointed. "The service provides a way of showing appreciation for the difference that caregivers make and their contributions to the lives of older adults," explained Jodi Smith, Lifestyle Coordinator at Howard Village.
With the aging population, research estimates that 23% of U.S. households have at least one person who is providing care in some way for an older adult. All caregivers from the community, volunteers and family members from Howard Village were invited to participate in the event.
Jim Paszkiewicz, Director of Adult Spirituality from Sacred Heart of Jesus Parish, led the program and several residents did the actual blessing of the caregivers' hands. The St. Thomas More Choir performed at the service and some of the students had their hands blessed too. A number of community volunteers participated as well. "It was a very touching service. We are proud to do this yearly as a thank you to all our many caregivers," commented Smith.
Howard Village is a Laureate Group community and offers independent and assisted living apartments. For more information, visit www.laureategroup.com
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- Back To School....BBB Reminds You To Shop Smart!
- Railway Adventure Trip
- First Annual St. Robert Pretzel Run Offers Participants Fun and a Tasty Treat
- 15th Stu's Flooring Benefit Golf Outing Tees Off
- 40th Anniversary of the SM 1976 State Basketball Champs
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market temporarily moves for Evening on the Avenue Street Festival
- St Francis School District Rummage Sale
- South Milwaukee Performing Arts Center Presents: The Donny McCaslin Group- Musicians on David Bowie's Blackstar