At the end of June 2012, Community Bark Dog Wash & Coffee Bar opened the doors of its second location, in Milwaukee’s Bay View neighborhood. To celebrate its first summer and raise funds for MADACC (Milwaukee Area Domestic Animal Control Commission), Community Bark announces its Grand Opening event, set for Saturday and Sunday, October 6 - 7, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on location at 2430 S. Kinnickinnic Ave. in Bay View.
The key MADACC fundraiser for the weekend will be Pack That Pilot, where event attendees are encouraged to donate needed items from MADACC’s Wish List to fill up a Honda Pilot (donated by David Hobbs Honda in Glendale). In exchange, they will receive raffle tickets and discounts for the event. View MADACC’s Wish List at www.madaccfriends.org/support/wish-list/.
In addition to Pack That Pilot, attendees will have the opportunity to join several fun and educational activities with local Milwaukee pet professionals including:
• Ask The Vet with Dr. Dean Beyerinck of Silver Spring Animal Wellness Center
• Skin and Coat Consultations with Isle of Dogs
• Professional Pet Portraits with PEGGY MORSCH life photography
• Private Animal Communication Consultations with Stacy Krafczyk
• Ask the Trainer with Wild Canine Dog Training
Finally, attendees will have the chance to meet the best of the best of MADACC's adoptable dogs at the Shelter Stars Showcase! Dogs will be available to do meet-and greets, and their foster families will be there to share information about their fosters’ backgrounds.
Community Bark Bay View is one of the key retail tenants in the new Dwell Bay View building, the 70-unit apartment building recently opened on the corner of S. Kinnickinnic Ave. and Conway Ave. Community Bark offers self-service and full-service dog washing and grooming, fantastic dog supplies, as well as the opportunity for its customers to congregate and sip Alterra coffee in the dog-friendly “Barker Lounge.”
MADACC currently rescues and assures safe, temporary shelter, veterinary, and humane care for over 13,000 stray, unwanted, abandoned, mistreated, and injured animals each year — more than any other animal control shelter in Wisconsin. MADACC provides a central location for owners to find and recover their lost pets and is open seven days a week, including evening hours on weekdays. MADACC also offers low-cost spay/neuter assistance, rabies vaccinations, and micro-chipping services.
MADACC works with over 75 area shelters and rescue groups to place animals into adoption programs so they have a second chance at finding a permanent, caring home. Dogs and cats that are eligible for placement but have not been taken in by a shelter or rescue group are available for adoption directly from MADACC.
For more information about MADACC, visit www.madacc.com or call 414-649-8640.
For more information about the Grand Opening event, email Andrew Appel at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Community Bark at 414-744-2275. You can also find more information at www.communitybark.net or www.facebook.com/communitybark.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Milwaukee Concert Band Winter Concert
- Memory Cafes coming to Bay View!
- Milwaukee Art Museum Hosts Kohl's Art Generation Open Studio: Wearable Art
- Bunny Plans Special Stop at Pulaski Pavilion
- BBB Warns Service Members of common scams during Military Saves Week
- Parkside Theatre Presents "A Midsummer Night's Dream"
- Franklin Artist Wins "Best of Show" at 2015 League of Milwaukee Artists' Spring Show
- Band Together Concert Fundraiser to feature UW-Madison Marching Band
- #1 Show Cats in the World live right here in Milwaukee
- Holocaust Remembrance Service