County Supervisor Patricia Jursik attended Cudahy National Night Out (NNO) and welcomed the hard-working Sheriff's deputies who attended. Since Jursik is an elected official, she takes her participation at annual NNO events seriously and also attended NNOs in South Milwaukee and St. Francis. Supervisor Jursik made it a point to not only thank the Sheriff's deputies in attendance but also the local police chiefs and their officers.
Citizens may express their opinion on whether elected officials attend or not (with the FACT being that Supervisor Jursik did attend). However, when supervisors are elected to represent the entire city, one constituent's opinion not to attend should not veto the right of every other citizen in the community.
Likewise, the South Shore communities elected a County supervisor who meticulously evaluates all County expenses. Especially at a time when budgets are tight, citizens expect this sort of scrutiny.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- St. Mark's "Night of the Father's Love"
- Church Concert
- Gingerbread Express – Memory Lane
- BBB Balances 2014 Trends with Tips for Smart Holiday Shoppers
- Warm Your Heart Chili & Jewelry Event
- St. Francis Civic Center Gala and Tree Lighting events
- Celebrate a PINK Shabbat!
- 2015 GET FIT Workshop - Kelly Senior Center
- Bartelt Hosts Hunger Task Force Food Drive
- Br(OK)en Genius is Healing Communities Through Art