County Supervisor Patricia Jursik attended Cudahy National Night Out (NNO) and welcomed the hard-working Sheriff's deputies who attended. Since Jursik is an elected official, she takes her participation at annual NNO events seriously and also attended NNOs in South Milwaukee and St. Francis. Supervisor Jursik made it a point to not only thank the Sheriff's deputies in attendance but also the local police chiefs and their officers.
Citizens may express their opinion on whether elected officials attend or not (with the FACT being that Supervisor Jursik did attend). However, when supervisors are elected to represent the entire city, one constituent's opinion not to attend should not veto the right of every other citizen in the community.
Likewise, the South Shore communities elected a County supervisor who meticulously evaluates all County expenses. Especially at a time when budgets are tight, citizens expect this sort of scrutiny.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Park for FREE at Mitchell Airport while getting unique gifts for everyone on your list
- Small Business Saturday Is Big at St. Ann Center
- “Shop Savvy” on Cyber Monday - and Every Day
- Christmas at the Horse
- "Shop Small"on Small Business Saturday
- South Milwaukee Christmas Market Returns on Dec. 5th
- ‘Tis the Season
- BBB's Holiday Helper: A Guide to Gifting and Giving
- Park Friends Welcome Santa
- 58th Annual Christmas Holly Fair