County Supervisor Patricia Jursik attended Cudahy National Night Out (NNO) and welcomed the hard-working Sheriff's deputies who attended. Since Jursik is an elected official, she takes her participation at annual NNO events seriously and also attended NNOs in South Milwaukee and St. Francis. Supervisor Jursik made it a point to not only thank the Sheriff's deputies in attendance but also the local police chiefs and their officers.
Citizens may express their opinion on whether elected officials attend or not (with the FACT being that Supervisor Jursik did attend). However, when supervisors are elected to represent the entire city, one constituent's opinion not to attend should not veto the right of every other citizen in the community.
Likewise, the South Shore communities elected a County supervisor who meticulously evaluates all County expenses. Especially at a time when budgets are tight, citizens expect this sort of scrutiny.
- 40th Anniversary of the SM 1976 State Basketball Champs
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market temporarily moves for Evening on the Avenue Street Festival
- St Francis School District Rummage Sale
- South Milwaukee Performing Arts Center Presents: The Donny McCaslin Group- Musicians on David Bowie's Blackstar
- #YourStoryMKE Shares Personal Stories About Those Benefiting from Catholic Charities’ Programs
- Book Release Party at Cudahy Family Library
- Bay View Historical Society Annual Walk on August 6th
- St. Ann Center Gala Promises An Uplifting Experience
- Thank you from the Humboldt Park 4th of July Association
- It's South Shore Frolics Time!