The Friends of Grant Park, Sheridan Park Friends, and South Shore Park Watch are hosting a potluck meeting of parks friends groups in the South Shore. This event will be held on Thursday, November 8, at 6 p.m. at Grant Park Golf Course Clubhouse (100 E. Hawthorn Ave., South Milwaukee).
The Parks Department will provide an update on the lakefront parks. I will summarize the 2013 Budget's impact on the parks. The organizations will discuss shoreline stabilization, beach health and other shared concerns. In the future, the groups may partner to host speakers on bluff protection, bird migration, beach management and other topics.
All residents interested in the lakefront are welcome to participate.
Representing Milwaukee County's 8th Supervisory District (St. Francis, South Milwaukee, Cudahy, and 2 wards in Oak Creek)
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Bunny Plans Special Stop at Pulaski Pavilion
- BBB Warns Service Members of common scams during Military Saves Week
- Parkside Theatre Presents "A Midsummer Night's Dream"
- Franklin Artist Wins "Best of Show" at 2015 League of Milwaukee Artists' Spring Show
- Band Together Concert Fundraiser to feature UW-Madison Marching Band
- #1 Show Cats in the World live right here in Milwaukee
- Holocaust Remembrance Service
- Zymbiotics a New Local Company Making Fine Fermented Foods is Now Available at Outpost Coop
- Essay Winners from the Daughters of the American Revolution - Milwaukee Chapter
- Inspired by Love of Their Country, Local Contractor Gifts Veteran Family New Furnace to Help Them through Harsh Winter