The Friends of Grant Park, Sheridan Park Friends, and South Shore Park Watch are hosting a potluck meeting of parks friends groups in the South Shore. This event will be held on Thursday, November 8, at 6 p.m. at Grant Park Golf Course Clubhouse (100 E. Hawthorn Ave., South Milwaukee).
The Parks Department will provide an update on the lakefront parks. I will summarize the 2013 Budget's impact on the parks. The organizations will discuss shoreline stabilization, beach health and other shared concerns. In the future, the groups may partner to host speakers on bluff protection, bird migration, beach management and other topics.
All residents interested in the lakefront are welcome to participate.
Representing Milwaukee County's 8th Supervisory District (St. Francis, South Milwaukee, Cudahy, and 2 wards in Oak Creek)
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- CIGARMKE ANNOUNCES THEIR MAY EVENT
- HGTV to Feature Flat Rate Home Services Manager on National Television Show
- Registration for Summer Classes Now Open
- Kids From WIsconsin Premier
- Danceworks Student Showcase: A Whimsical Waltz in Wonderland
- Danceworks Mad Hot Ballroom and Tap Competition
- UWM, MATC and MPS Leaders To Speak On Collaborative Efforts Between Milwaukee Public Education Institutions on May 13 at UWM
- Sculptor of "Topos" at new MPL East Library to Talk at UWM May 3
- South Milwaukee Leo Club Hosts Supply Drive for Wisconsin Humane Society
- Bartelt Wins 2015 Chrysalis Award