The Friends of Grant Park, Sheridan Park Friends, and South Shore Park Watch are hosting a potluck meeting of parks friends groups in the South Shore. This event will be held on Thursday, November 8, at 6 p.m. at Grant Park Golf Course Clubhouse (100 E. Hawthorn Ave., South Milwaukee).
The Parks Department will provide an update on the lakefront parks. I will summarize the 2013 Budget's impact on the parks. The organizations will discuss shoreline stabilization, beach health and other shared concerns. In the future, the groups may partner to host speakers on bluff protection, bird migration, beach management and other topics.
All residents interested in the lakefront are welcome to participate.
Representing Milwaukee County's 8th Supervisory District (St. Francis, South Milwaukee, Cudahy, and 2 wards in Oak Creek)
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Celebrate Independence Day at Humboldt Park
- Fun, food and fireworks, it's South Shore Frolic time!
- DYPC Junior & Senior Company Auditions
- ATI Physical Therapy Offers Complimentary Screenings at All Locations
- Music for every Palate – South Milwaukee Market announces July music line up
- Back to School Event for Foster Children Urges Public to Volunteer
- Real Time - First Friday Performance Series at Danceworks
- Catey Ott Dance Collective: 3rd (i) EYE Conscious
- The UMDF Energy for Life Walk is September 26th!
- Memoir about Oak Creek