The Friends of Grant Park, Sheridan Park Friends, and South Shore Park Watch are hosting a potluck meeting of parks friends groups in the South Shore. This event will be held on Thursday, November 8, at 6 p.m. at Grant Park Golf Course Clubhouse (100 E. Hawthorn Ave., South Milwaukee).
The Parks Department will provide an update on the lakefront parks. I will summarize the 2013 Budget's impact on the parks. The organizations will discuss shoreline stabilization, beach health and other shared concerns. In the future, the groups may partner to host speakers on bluff protection, bird migration, beach management and other topics.
All residents interested in the lakefront are welcome to participate.
Representing Milwaukee County's 8th Supervisory District (St. Francis, South Milwaukee, Cudahy, and 2 wards in Oak Creek)
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Alverno College Awarded Two-Year College Ready Grant from Great Lakes
- Two Fun Dog Events Coming Soon
- Polonia's Annual Festival
- Brighter Economic Prospects Brings Greater Focus on Cash Flow, Efficiency
- Rose Tattoo folk group to be revived in Milwaukee
- Bayview Historical Society 35th Anniversary Celebration
- St. Thomas More High School to Dedicate New Gym Floor to Coach Rick Majerus
- Band Concert - Cudahy Historical Society
- Habitat for Humanity Selects Flat Rate Home Services to Assist in New Project
- Meijer Launches Simply Give Campaign in New Wisconsin Supercenters