As Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare-St. Francis gets ready to turn on the lights in part of its annual Holiday Lights of Love event, Peggy Stuckert of Milwaukee plans to be there.
“The Holiday Lights of Love is such a heartwarming occasion to start the holiday season with those you love,” says Peggy. “You see so many new people, some who are in the hospital for long term care, some with newborns, and others who are just neighbors or supporters of the hospital, who come out to celebrate. It truly is a joyous occasion.”
Peggy volunteers with the Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare-St. Francis Guild, and was encouraged by a friend to join.
“My best friend, Trudy Glocksine was a long time member of the Guild,” Peggy recalls. “She encouraged me to join, for the friendship of its members and to spend some time working for the good of the hospital. I never had a day that I did not bless her for bringing me into the Guild.”
St. Francis Guild members raise dollars to help support the hospital, and many of them also give their time and talents as a hospital volunteer. Volunteer duties may range from assisting in the gift shop, being a hospital greeter, performing office and clerical work, visiting those in the hospital – from infants to older adults – all to be a friendly face and extra set of hands to help hospital staff provide the best compassionate care possible.
“Our members are ‘Sisters in Heart’ and I love them as a family,” Peggy said. “With each member doing what she can, volunteering her time and talents for the betterment of the hospital, you can’t help but enjoy being a guild member.”
Join Peggy for the lighting of the "Love Light Tree" on Tuesday, December 4 in the hospital’s 5th floor chapel, starting at 6 pm. This free holiday celebration is open to the public and is dedicated to remember those who are most special in our lives.
For more information on how to volunteer for this event, or about the St. Francis Guild, please contact Diane Lozano, Volunteer Coordinator, at 414-647-5160.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- First Day of School for St. Francis Public Schools
- Kelly Senior Center invites you to join their monthly Luncheon Outings
- Fun and Affordable Day Trips through Kelly Senior Center
- Animated Illusionist Ardan James to Perform
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market Plans Grand Reopening on July 31st - Shows off remodeled 11th Avenue Streetscape
- Bay View High School Holding 100th Anniversary
- Brain Injury Resource Center of Wisconsin, Inc.’s new informational commercial
- Post-Summer Polar Vortex, Return to the Beach and Check a Website for Conditions
- Local Theater Company Places Women in Spotlight in Upcoming World Premiere
- Relay For Life of the Southern 8 - August 1st