A record number of swimmers and families showed up to join the new Schroeder South YMCA Swim Team at the recent tryout held at Deer Creek Intermediate School in St. Francis.
"We're really pleased with the turnout, but we still have openings," said Robert White, Jr., head coach of Schroeder South YMCA. "Kids ages 6-9 can tryout by coming to the Deer Creek Pool Tuesday evenings from 5:30 - 6:30 p.m. Kids who are 10 -14 can come Tuesdays from 6:30 - 7:30 p.m. All of them do have to be able to swim a length of the pool, which is 25 yards freestyle or front crawl."
Coach White added that Schroeder South YMCA swimmers are trained by full-time, professional coaches, and that the kids are already gaining confidence at practice while they have fun making new friends.
Coming attractions for the new team include: Equipment Night/Parent Info Meeting, Tuesday, November 27th at 6:15 p.m. at Deer Creek Pool, a holiday practice in December with prizes and surprises, and a swimming meet where the kids will do some racing.
For more information about the new team, contact Coach Ann White at 414-897-8932.
- Bartelt Wins Two Regional Chrysalis Awards
- A Right Path Wellness Opens in Bay View with Community Open House May 21 4-8:00
- Oak Creek Youth Football - Registration is Open!!
- Join the Fight Against Cancer! Register for the Relay For Life of the Southern Eight!
- Kitten Baby Shower Saturday May 7 at Second Hand Purrs
- South Milwaukee Little League Opening Day
- MARDI GRAS IN MAY!
- Sister Edna’s Jewelry Gets Shiny New Look
- Midwest Premiere Event "A Disappearing"
- Play Minecraft in a Movie Theatre