Alverno College students will help feed those in need by donating 170 Thanksgiving dinners to Hunger Task Force. The dinners, which include a turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, green beans, cranberry sauce, rolls and pie, will feed nearly 700 people. The cost of the dinners is $55, and Alverno students used money from their personal meal plans to pay for the holiday dinners. The Athletics department and Food Services Inc. also contributed. This is the third year Alverno College students have donated Thanksgiving dinners. Last year a total of 118 dinners were given to local charities, feeding nearly 500 people.
“We are proud that our students came through for the community and gave even more than last year,” said Vicki Schreiber, assistant dean of students. “Thanks to their generous donations, 170 families who may not have celebrated Thanksgiving will now have dinner on the table.”
About Alverno College
Alverno College, a four-year independent, Catholic, liberal arts college for women, exists to promote the personal and professional development of its students. The college has earned accolades and respect internationally for its highly effective ability-based, assessment-as-learning approach to education, and has consulted with three U.S. presidential administrations on accountability and outcomes in higher education. For two years in a row, Alverno College was ranked first in the Midwest for doing “the best job of educating undergrads” by U.S. News & World Report. Educators from throughout the world visit Alverno to learn about its proven, student-centered teaching methods.
Alverno offers more than 35 major program areas of study, including graduate programs in education, nursing, community psychology and business that are open to women and men. For more information about Alverno, visit our Web site at www.alverno.edu or call 414-382-6100.
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- Back To School....BBB Reminds You To Shop Smart!
- Railway Adventure Trip
- First Annual St. Robert Pretzel Run Offers Participants Fun and a Tasty Treat
- 15th Stu's Flooring Benefit Golf Outing Tees Off
- 40th Anniversary of the SM 1976 State Basketball Champs
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market temporarily moves for Evening on the Avenue Street Festival
- St Francis School District Rummage Sale
- South Milwaukee Performing Arts Center Presents: The Donny McCaslin Group- Musicians on David Bowie's Blackstar