Dancing runs in the family and is a way of life for sisters Sydney and Karley Farber of Cudahy , who have been cast in this year's production of the Milwaukee Ballet's "The Nutcracker". Both girls have been dancing since the age of 3 and currently practice a combined 14 hours a week. Their commitment and hard work has paid off for them, as Karley's role as an angel and Sydney's role as a party kid are coveted spots that hundreds of other students auditioned for.
Performing in The Nutcracker provides the sisters the opportunity to be a part of a large scale, professional production that brings in tens of thousands of observers annually. Most exciting for the girls is the chance to dance directly alongside the professional dancers from the Milwaukee Ballet Company- a magical and once in a lifetime opportunity for ballerinas their age.
Despite having different parts, Sydney, 10, helped Karley, 7, prepare for the difficult audition process, and now, the rehearsal and performance aspect of the show. This is Sydney's fourth consecutive year being cast in the holiday classic and she looks forward to watching her younger sister experience it for the first time.
Dance isn't the only thing the girls dedicate their time to. They are also active in soccer, swim, Student Council, as well as play the piano and violin. They are the daughters of proud parents Tim and Dana Farber.
The Nutcracker runs from Saturday, December 8th through Wednesday, December 26th. Ticket information can be found at www.milwaukeeballet.org.
- Oak Creek Youth Football - Registration is Open!!
- Join the Fight Against Cancer! Register for the Relay For Life of the Southern Eight!
- Kitten Baby Shower Saturday May 7 at Second Hand Purrs
- South Milwaukee Little League Opening Day
- MARDI GRAS IN MAY!
- Sister Edna’s Jewelry Gets Shiny New Look
- Midwest Premiere Event "A Disappearing"
- Play Minecraft in a Movie Theatre
- One week left to consider virtual education for your child
- Go Green, Gold and Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness