"Eggs 1, 2, 3: Who Will the Babies Be?" by South Milwaukee author Janet Halfmann has made the New York Public Library's 2012 Children's List of 100 Titles for Reading & Sharing!
Here's how the judges described the book: "What hatches from eggs? Discover the answer in this counting book, riddle book, and natural-history book all in one."
Eggs 1, 2, 3 is a lift-the-flap picture book for children ages 2-6. It is Illustrated by Betsy Thompson, and published by Blue Apple Books
The librarian judging committee that chose the 100 books said, "Indeed, readers can be assured that there’s no shortage of creativity in the world of storytelling. The New York Public Library’s librarians invite you to peruse these offerings and find just the right stories to put in the hands of your favorite children—complete with a strong dose of imagination and a dash of whimsy."
Halfmann will be selling and signing Eggs 1, 2, 3 and her other books at the SM Christmas Market Sat, Dec 8, 10 am-3 pm, South Milwaukee High School, 801 15th Ave.
You can find out more about her books here:
You can find the entire NYPL list here:
- MARDI GRAS IN MAY!
- Sister Edna’s Jewelry Gets Shiny New Look
- Midwest Premiere Event "A Disappearing"
- Play Minecraft in a Movie Theatre
- One week left to consider virtual education for your child
- Go Green, Gold and Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Becky’s Blissful Bakery Enters Partnerships to Create Cutting-Edge Caramel Pairings; First of its Kind in the Caramel Industry
- Spring Estate and Rummage Sale at St. Ann Center
- Master Gardener Plant Sale
- St. Joan Antida high School hosts its 10th annual Girls in Engineering Fair