One-hundred sixty-eight students will walk across the Alverno College Pitman Theatre stage (39th St. and Morgan Ave.) on December 15 at 2 p.m. to receive their undergraduate degrees. Forty-six master’s candidates will receive their degrees from Alverno on Friday, December 14, at 7:00 p.m.
Commencement activities for undergraduates will begin with an 11 a.m. liturgy in the Alverno College chapel, followed by a brunch for degree candidates and their families. The undergraduate commencement introduction will be given by Kayla Cargiulo, who will receive a Bachelor of Arts degree in Professional Communication; the undergraduate invocation will be given by Mary Rodgers, who will receive a Bachelor of Arts degree in Management Accounting; and the student address, “Mind the Hilly Road,” will be given by Grace McKirdy, who will receive a Bachelor of Arts degree in Religious Studies. The graduate commencement invocation will be given by Paula Pintar, who will receive a Master of Science in Nursing degree. A champagne reception will follow the graduate commencement ceremony. McKirdy and Rodgers are Milwaukee residents, Cargiulo is from Richfield, and Pintar is from Racine.
About Alverno College
Alverno College, a four-year independent, Catholic, liberal arts college for women, exists to promote the personal and professional development of its students. The college has earned accolades and respect internationally for its highly effective ability-based, assessment-as-learning approach to education, and has consulted with three U.S. presidential administrations on accountability and outcomes in higher education. For two years in a row, Alverno College was ranked first in the Midwest for doing “the best job of educating undergrads” by U.S. News & World Report. Educators from throughout the world visit Alverno to learn about its proven, student-centered teaching methods.
Alverno offers more than 35 major program areas of study, including graduate programs in education, nursing, community psychology and business that are open to women and men. For more information about Alverno, visit our website at www.alverno.edu or call 414-382-6100.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Fun and Affordable Day Trips through Kelly Senior Center
- Animated Illusionist Ardan James to Perform
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market Plans Grand Reopening on July 31st - Shows off remodeled 11th Avenue Streetscape
- Bay View High School Holding 100th Anniversary
- Brain Injury Resource Center of Wisconsin, Inc.’s new informational commercial
- Post-Summer Polar Vortex, Return to the Beach and Check a Website for Conditions
- Local Theater Company Places Women in Spotlight in Upcoming World Premiere
- Relay For Life of the Southern 8 - August 1st
- Cudahy Family Library presents Antique Appraisal Event
- Cell phones and 911.