There are some great new Leisure Timers programs planned for 2013 at the West Allis Public Library. If you are looking to start out your week on the second and fourth Mondays of the month with a fun and relaxing activity, come to a West Allis Public Library Leisure Timers Program. The program is designed for adults who enjoy both live presentations and films about various subjects of interest, including travel and history.
Presentations begin at 10:00 a.m and last for about an hour. The upcoming schedule for the first part of 2013 is below. Hope to see you there!
West Allis Public Library Leisure Timers 2013
January 14 - Phyllis Gorell presents "Scotland: HIghlands and Islands" (Slides)
January 28 - Dale E. Kuntz presents "Remembering WWII: Songs and Movie Stars of the War Years" (Musical Clips on 16mm film)
February 11 - Peter Lee and Karen Levy present "Soaring Peaks, Grasslands, and Bison Bones: Souvenirs of a Road Trip Across the American West" (Slides)
February 25 - Ed Janus, author of the book Creating Dairyland, presents "The Remarkable Story of Dairying in Wisconsin: Historical Pictures" (Slides)
March 11 - "Green Paradise: South America--Chile" (DVD)
March 25 - "Bill's Excellent Adventure to National Parks of Southern Utah" (Slides)
April 8 - Jane Stoltz presents "Free Wheeling: Travel by Bicycle to Various Areas of the U.S." (Talk / Slides)
April 22 - Harriet Pfersch and Mark Steckhahn present "Hawaii: A Glimpse of the Past and the Future" (Slides)
May 13 - Railways of Italy (DVD)
June 10 - Robin Russell presents " A Personal Testimony of Climbing to the Mount Shasta Summit, plus a Short History of John Muir's Similar Climb(s)" (Talk / Slides)
June 24 - Paris, France: The City of Magic (DVD)
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Celebrate Independence Day at Humboldt Park
- Fun, food and fireworks, it's South Shore Frolic time!
- DYPC Junior & Senior Company Auditions
- ATI Physical Therapy Offers Complimentary Screenings at All Locations
- Music for every Palate – South Milwaukee Market announces July music line up
- Back to School Event for Foster Children Urges Public to Volunteer
- Real Time - First Friday Performance Series at Danceworks
- Catey Ott Dance Collective: 3rd (i) EYE Conscious
- The UMDF Energy for Life Walk is September 26th!
- Memoir about Oak Creek