Festival City Symphony will perform "Roman Holiday," a Symphony Sundays concert, on Sunday, January 27, 2013, at 3:00 p.m. at the Pabst Theater, 144 E. Wells Street.
The orchestra will celebrate Rome in a program, which begins with Berlioz’s “Roman Carnival Overture.” The concert will continue with Ottorino Respighi’s musical travelogue “Pines of Rome,” complete with singing birds. Georges Bizet’s “Symphony No. 2,” an homage to Italy that was referred to as “Souvenirs of Rome” in Bizet’s lifetime, will round out the performance.
All “Symphony Sundays” performances include descriptive program information from the stage by Conductor Monte Perkins. Education Director Jayne Perkins will present Children’s Program Notes at 2:45 p.m. to help children become familiar with the music they are about to hear. Symphony Sundays concerts are best suited for children grade 2 and older.
Admission to each concert is $14 for adults and $8 for children, students, and seniors. Season Ticket Family Packs are available and admit an entire family to the three remaining concerts for just $85. Information about purchasing family packs or group tickets may be obtained by calling Festival City Symphony at 414-963-9067 or by visiting festivalcitysymphony.org. Individual tickets may be purchased by calling the Pabst Theater Box Office at 414-286-3663 or online at pabsttheater.org.
Milwaukee’s Festival City Symphony, the oldest performing symphony orchestra in the area, showcases area professional musicians. Its mission is to extend the reach of classical music in the community with reasonable pricing and informative formats that embrace people of all ages. For more information, visit festivalcitysymphony.org or call 414-963-9067.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin Announces 14th Annual Big League Blood Drive
- UW-Parkside Faculty and Staff Honored by UW System
- SMOKIN' ACES & CIGARMKE PRESENT THE ROOF IS ON FIRE
- 51st SAINT FRANCIS DAYS
- Free Writing Workshop for Kids
- St. Robert School Centennial 5K | 2K Run/Walk- Sat., Aug. 29th
- HamBINGO Thursday August 20 to Benefit Second Hand Purrs
- Milwaukee-area mamas celebrate breastfeeding, pumping with "Oh, the Places You'll Pump!"
- Knot Your Average Sailers
- CIGARMKE ANNOUNCES THEIR CIGARS UNDER THE STARS 5