FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For Additional Information:
Lori Hayes, Division Manager of Volunteer Engagement
United Way in Waukesha County
United Way Connects the Community to Volunteer Opportunities
(January 2, 2013) – Waukesha, WI – United Way in Waukesha County would like to invite volunteers to the following opportunities:
Career Coach: Waukesha County Schools are seeking volunteers from local businesses and community organizations that will be trained as “Career Coaches.” After a 30-minute online training, assist youth in a three-hour workshop to explore career options through various tools, assessments and activities, and learn how to prepare for their post-secondary education. Various dates in February are available and participants must be 18 years or older.
Janboree Event Helpers: Waukesha Parks, Recreation and Forestry need volunteers who can help with the toboggan run ice rink monitoring and supervising the sledding hill. They will need about 10 people to sell concessions as well as a photographer and trolley car ambassador. Volunteers will be required to complete a background check and must be at least 18 years of age. Event dates are January 18-20th.
Elementary Support: The RSVP Seniors and Students Volunteer program is looking for volunteers 55 and older to support children in elementary schools. Opportunities available include a Readers Café, Math Club, and Pen Paling. A background check is required and the RSVP Program is asking volunteers for an hour a week.
Sew Crazy Event: Be a Girl Scout Event Volunteer and share your passion of sewing! Assist or lead a group of 15-20 girls in grades 2-3 and stitch your way through a fun filled day. Teach simple hand sewing, so girls can then let their imagination’s go as they use buttons and shapes to sew their own 3-D wall art. Several dates in January are available. Volunteers will be asked for a brief application, background check and must be 18 years or older.
- Art Show at Cudahy Depot
- OAKVIEW BUSINESS PARK LOOKS TO CAPITALIZE ON ROBUST OAK CREEK DEVELOPMENT MARKET
- Huge Bicycle Auction
- Spring Festival at Polonia Sport Club
- A Disappearing Continues!
- Eat at Transfer Pizzeria May 9-23 to benefit Second Hand Purrs
- Holly and Joey Baird of the Wisconsin Vegetable Gardener at the Cudahy Family Library in June
- Meet a Red, White, and Blue Jew in Milwaukee!
- Vendor Fair and Bake Sale Sunday May 22
- Local Individuals, Communities And Organizations Honored For Securing Healthy, Sustainable Water Resources