"Eggs 1, 2, 3: Who Will the Babies Be?" by South Milwaukee author Janet Halfmann is a finalist for the 2012 Cybils awards in the Nonfiction Picture Book category.
The judges described the book this way: "Is it a counting book, is it a poetry book, is it an informational picture book (the category for which it is nominated), is it a pattern book, does it allow for predicting and inferring, or is it a book full of wonderful language? Delightfully for the reader, it is all of the above! Janet Halfmann has done a lovely job teaching the reader about different animals and the eggs from which they come."
Eggs 1, 2, 3 is a lift-the-flap book for children ages 2-6. It is Illustrated by Betsy Thompson, and published by Blue Apple Books.
The Cybils are the annual literary awards of a large community of internet bloggers who discuss children’s and young adult books. The books are judged on literary merit and kid appeal. The winners will be announced on Valentine’s Day.
You can find out more about Janet’s books here:
You can find the entire Cybils review of Eggs 1, 2, 3 here:
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- HamBINGO Thursday October 8 to Benefit Second Hand Purrs
- Watch for New Technology at the Cash Register
- Milwaukee Public Library, Bay View Branch to Host Wisconsin Water Photo Display
- Herbert Lowe featured speaker at UW-Parkside
- Important Donation Made To Dog Organization
- United Performing Arts Fund to Allocate a Record $9.175 Million to Performing Arts Groups
- See the World Up Close Without Leaving Home - Host with YFU USA!
- Brian Hanson Joins Bartelt as Production Administrator
- Rumbarroco Free Performance at UW-Parkside, Oct. 18
- Art & Wellness