"Eggs 1, 2, 3: Who Will the Babies Be?" by South Milwaukee author Janet Halfmann is a finalist for the 2012 Cybils awards in the Nonfiction Picture Book category.
The judges described the book this way: "Is it a counting book, is it a poetry book, is it an informational picture book (the category for which it is nominated), is it a pattern book, does it allow for predicting and inferring, or is it a book full of wonderful language? Delightfully for the reader, it is all of the above! Janet Halfmann has done a lovely job teaching the reader about different animals and the eggs from which they come."
Eggs 1, 2, 3 is a lift-the-flap book for children ages 2-6. It is Illustrated by Betsy Thompson, and published by Blue Apple Books.
The Cybils are the annual literary awards of a large community of internet bloggers who discuss children’s and young adult books. The books are judged on literary merit and kid appeal. The winners will be announced on Valentine’s Day.
You can find out more about Janet’s books here:
You can find the entire Cybils review of Eggs 1, 2, 3 here:
- MARDI GRAS IN MAY!
- Sister Edna’s Jewelry Gets Shiny New Look
- Midwest Premiere Event "A Disappearing"
- Play Minecraft in a Movie Theatre
- One week left to consider virtual education for your child
- Go Green, Gold and Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Becky’s Blissful Bakery Enters Partnerships to Create Cutting-Edge Caramel Pairings; First of its Kind in the Caramel Industry
- Spring Estate and Rummage Sale at St. Ann Center
- Master Gardener Plant Sale
- St. Joan Antida high School hosts its 10th annual Girls in Engineering Fair