FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For Additional Information:
Lori Hayes, Division Manager of Volunteer Engagement
United Way in Waukesha County
United Way Connects the Community to Volunteer Opportunities
(January 9, 2013) – Waukesha, WI – United Way in Waukesha County would like to invite volunteers to the following opportunities:
Bereavement Support: Work closely with grief coordinators to support families through the first 13 months after the loss of a loved one. These volunteers provide family members with support through outreach phone calls, visits, support groups and memorial services. This opportunity requires maturity, professionalism, sound judgment and compassion. Volunteers must be 18 years or older.
Tax Program Greeter: Goodwill Industries will be hosting free tax services for qualified individuals from January 22nd to April 11th. The greeter will facilitate the process by checking in guests, accepting the required paperwork and escorting them to the waiting area. The greeter will not provide any tax service. Greeters will be required to pass a 5 question ethics test and must be at least 18 years old.
Cross Country Skiing Event: Be a Girl Scout Event Volunteer and share your passion, have fun, and positively impact girls’ lives. Assist or lead a group of 15-20 girls in grades 4-12, teaching them how to explore winter on skis. Guide them through a practice session in the snowy field before leading them on a trail. All remaining Saturdays in January are available, volunteers must be a minimum of 18 years old and a brief background check is required.
- Kitten Baby Shower Saturday May 7 at Second Hand Purrs
- South Milwaukee Little League Opening Day
- MARDI GRAS IN MAY!
- Sister Edna’s Jewelry Gets Shiny New Look
- Midwest Premiere Event "A Disappearing"
- Play Minecraft in a Movie Theatre
- One week left to consider virtual education for your child
- Go Green, Gold and Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Becky’s Blissful Bakery Enters Partnerships to Create Cutting-Edge Caramel Pairings; First of its Kind in the Caramel Industry
- Spring Estate and Rummage Sale at St. Ann Center