FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For Additional Information:
Lori Hayes, Division Manager of Volunteer Engagement
United Way in Waukesha County
United Way Connects the Community to Volunteer Opportunities
(January 9, 2013) – Waukesha, WI – United Way in Waukesha County would like to invite volunteers to the following opportunities:
Bereavement Support: Work closely with grief coordinators to support families through the first 13 months after the loss of a loved one. These volunteers provide family members with support through outreach phone calls, visits, support groups and memorial services. This opportunity requires maturity, professionalism, sound judgment and compassion. Volunteers must be 18 years or older.
Tax Program Greeter: Goodwill Industries will be hosting free tax services for qualified individuals from January 22nd to April 11th. The greeter will facilitate the process by checking in guests, accepting the required paperwork and escorting them to the waiting area. The greeter will not provide any tax service. Greeters will be required to pass a 5 question ethics test and must be at least 18 years old.
Cross Country Skiing Event: Be a Girl Scout Event Volunteer and share your passion, have fun, and positively impact girls’ lives. Assist or lead a group of 15-20 girls in grades 4-12, teaching them how to explore winter on skis. Guide them through a practice session in the snowy field before leading them on a trail. All remaining Saturdays in January are available, volunteers must be a minimum of 18 years old and a brief background check is required.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Cool It at St. Ann Center Jewelry Sale and Ice Cream Social
- ART TO ART: True Stories
- High Tech Comes to Hair Replacement Business
- Alverno College Awarded Two-Year College Ready Grant from Great Lakes
- Two Fun Dog Events Coming Soon
- Polonia's Annual Festival
- Brighter Economic Prospects Brings Greater Focus on Cash Flow, Efficiency
- Rose Tattoo folk group to be revived in Milwaukee
- Bayview Historical Society 35th Anniversary Celebration
- St. Thomas More High School to Dedicate New Gym Floor to Coach Rick Majerus