FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For Additional Information:
Lori Hayes, Division Manager of Volunteer Engagement
United Way in Waukesha County
United Way Connects the Community to Volunteer Opportunities
(January 9, 2013) – Waukesha, WI – United Way in Waukesha County would like to invite volunteers to the following opportunities:
Bereavement Support: Work closely with grief coordinators to support families through the first 13 months after the loss of a loved one. These volunteers provide family members with support through outreach phone calls, visits, support groups and memorial services. This opportunity requires maturity, professionalism, sound judgment and compassion. Volunteers must be 18 years or older.
Tax Program Greeter: Goodwill Industries will be hosting free tax services for qualified individuals from January 22nd to April 11th. The greeter will facilitate the process by checking in guests, accepting the required paperwork and escorting them to the waiting area. The greeter will not provide any tax service. Greeters will be required to pass a 5 question ethics test and must be at least 18 years old.
Cross Country Skiing Event: Be a Girl Scout Event Volunteer and share your passion, have fun, and positively impact girls’ lives. Assist or lead a group of 15-20 girls in grades 4-12, teaching them how to explore winter on skis. Guide them through a practice session in the snowy field before leading them on a trail. All remaining Saturdays in January are available, volunteers must be a minimum of 18 years old and a brief background check is required.
- 40th Anniversary of the SM 1976 State Basketball Champs
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market temporarily moves for Evening on the Avenue Street Festival
- St Francis School District Rummage Sale
- South Milwaukee Performing Arts Center Presents: The Donny McCaslin Group- Musicians on David Bowie's Blackstar
- #YourStoryMKE Shares Personal Stories About Those Benefiting from Catholic Charities’ Programs
- Book Release Party at Cudahy Family Library
- Bay View Historical Society Annual Walk on August 6th
- St. Ann Center Gala Promises An Uplifting Experience
- Thank you from the Humboldt Park 4th of July Association
- August Summer Art Camps at Cattywampus