A Bay View based support group sponsored by the Alzheimer’s Association is welcoming new attendees. The group’s next meeting will be held on Tuesday, February 12th at 3:30 p.m. at Tippecanoe Presbyterian Church, 125 West Saveland Avenue in Bay View. The support group will meet regularly on the second Tuesday of every month.
A support group is designed to provide an open forum for caregivers or family members to voice their concerns and ask questions about Alzheimer’s disease or a related dementia. In addition to the emotional, educational and social support provided, the regularly scheduled meetings also allow participants to develop methods and skills to solve problems.
The support group is open to family members or caregivers of individuals with Alzheimer’s disease or a related dementia. There is no cost to attend. For more information, please contact the support group facilitator, Charlene Busse at 414.483.2061.
The Alzheimer's Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s care, support and research whose mission is to eliminate Alzheimer's disease through the advancement of research; to provide and enhance care and support for all affected; and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health. For more information about Alzheimer’s disease and local services visit www.alz.org/sewi or call the Alzheimer’s Association 24/7 Helpline at 800-272-3900.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- St. Patrick’s Day Concert with David HB Drake
- Skip Jones ~Songs from Grandpa’s River
- Cinderella at the Avalon: A Cudahy Family Library Benefit
- Why You Should Care About National Consumer Protection Week
- Comedy Hypnotist Steven Coppola and Boston Comedian Mark Scalia to Perform at Franklin Elks
- Black History Month, A Time to End Smoking and Save Lives
- Milwaukee Concert Band Winter Concert
- Memory Cafes coming to Bay View!
- Milwaukee Art Museum Hosts Kohl's Art Generation Open Studio: Wearable Art
- Bunny Plans Special Stop at Pulaski Pavilion