A Bay View based support group sponsored by the Alzheimer’s Association is welcoming new attendees. The group’s next meeting will be held on Tuesday, February 12th at 3:30 p.m. at Tippecanoe Presbyterian Church, 125 West Saveland Avenue in Bay View. The support group will meet regularly on the second Tuesday of every month.
A support group is designed to provide an open forum for caregivers or family members to voice their concerns and ask questions about Alzheimer’s disease or a related dementia. In addition to the emotional, educational and social support provided, the regularly scheduled meetings also allow participants to develop methods and skills to solve problems.
The support group is open to family members or caregivers of individuals with Alzheimer’s disease or a related dementia. There is no cost to attend. For more information, please contact the support group facilitator, Charlene Busse at 414.483.2061.
The Alzheimer's Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s care, support and research whose mission is to eliminate Alzheimer's disease through the advancement of research; to provide and enhance care and support for all affected; and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health. For more information about Alzheimer’s disease and local services visit www.alz.org/sewi or call the Alzheimer’s Association 24/7 Helpline at 800-272-3900.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ted Lang Speed and Agility Camp at Cudahy High School (June 17th-21st)
- Cudahy High School Football to Offer Free Football Camps This Summer
- Cudahy High School Football Golf Outing-August 17th at Grant Park
- Children’s Medical Grants Now Available in Wisconsin from the UnitedHealthcare Children’s Foundation
- First Weber Welcomes Experienced Agent....
- Grant Park Warbler Walks welcomes newbies
- South Milwaukee Market Opens Summer Season May 23
- GRAEF RECOGNIZED BY AMERICAN COUNCIL OF ENGINEERING COMPANIES
- Virtual Education: Why it can work for you
- Inaugural Cudahy High School Alumni Basketball Tournament