Last year's Fun French Immersion Camp proved to be just that- fun! So much so that on the first day of the 2 hour long day camp, students were begging to stay longer. Throughout the three day camp students announced freely "I wish this camp were longer", "This is fun! Why do we have to leave?", and "I wish we were here four hours a day instead of two! It feels like a half hour, not two hours."
Aside from the fun students were having, they were also learning French, a lot of French. Children who had never studied French before were speaking and understanding French within the first five minutes. And, at the end of camp, these same students were able to recite the French alphabet, count up to 50, have basic conversations, as well as write and say a paragraph all about their lives and their interests. This was after a total of only 6 hours worth of French. Through our fun and engaging teaching method, children were able to learn almost an entire semester's worth of French, in less than one week.
At popular student request this year's Fun French Immersion Camp has been extended and expanded. The 2013 camp will have more content including the children writing and performing their own dramatic work- in French. No, camp will still 'only' be two hours long, but camp has been expanded from 3 days to 10. If new students last year were all able to learn so much in three days, just imagine how much your child could learn in two weeks!
This summer's French Immersion Camp is held at the Academy of Classical Ballet on Lake Drive. Registration begins in February for this camp, but don't wait! Spaces for this popular camp are limited. Learn more at www.milwaukeekidsdance.com by clicking on the "Summer" link.
Please note that this is not a dance camp, this is a French language camp. To participate in summer dance classes be sure to sign up for ACB's Enrollment Day (ages 5 and up). Children under the age of five are not required to participate in Enrollment Day, and may simply be registered for the summer dance class of their choice.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Fun and Affordable Day Trips through Kelly Senior Center
- Animated Illusionist Ardan James to Perform
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market Plans Grand Reopening on July 31st - Shows off remodeled 11th Avenue Streetscape
- Bay View High School Holding 100th Anniversary
- Brain Injury Resource Center of Wisconsin, Inc.’s new informational commercial
- Post-Summer Polar Vortex, Return to the Beach and Check a Website for Conditions
- Local Theater Company Places Women in Spotlight in Upcoming World Premiere
- Relay For Life of the Southern 8 - August 1st
- Cudahy Family Library presents Antique Appraisal Event
- Cell phones and 911.