An anonymous donor has given Aurora Health Care Foundation $500,000 to expand cardiac research at Aurora St. Luke’s Medical Center.
“This generous donation will impact the care of countless patients,” said Tanvir Bajwa, MD. “It will enable our team of specialists to continue to provide innovative heart care that has become synonymous with Aurora St. Luke’s.”
The gift will add a cardiac research scientist position to Aurora St. Luke’s highly regarded cardiology fellowship program. The cardiology fellowship program trains physicians in general cardiology, interventional cardiology and electrophysiology. The program, which has 23 fellows, is one of the largest and most competitive programs in the Midwest.
The research scientist role will be under the direction of Dr. Bajwa, a nationally recognized physician and researcher. Dr. Bajwa is involved with many clinical trials that focus on bettering the lives of heart disease patients through more effective, less invasive and safer treatments.
Working in collaboration with Dr. Bajwa, the research scientist will develop research goals and methodology, design and implement projects, and assist with preparation of findings for publication, presentation and meetings. The new member of the team will be integral in conducting translational, patient-centered research -- research that works on turning new discoveries into bedside treatments.
Cardiac Gift / Add one
“The fellows conduct research that is critical to our cardiac program,” said Dr. Bajwa. “The projects are focused on how we can improve patients’ quality of life.
Aurora St. Luke’s is a premiere site for cardiac clinical trials because of the number of cardiac specialists there and the large volume of cardiac patients they see, Dr. Bajwa said.
For more information about the cardiology fellowship program or to make a donation in support of cardiac clinical research, please contact Carol Rausch, director of development at 414.649.7892 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Aurora Health Care is a not-for-profit Wisconsin health care provider and a nationally recognized leader in efforts to improve the quality of health care. Aurora offers services at sites in more than 90 communities throughout eastern Wisconsin and northern Illinois.
- Railway Adventure Trip
- First Annual St. Robert Pretzel Run Offers Participants Fun and a Tasty Treat
- 15th Stu's Flooring Benefit Golf Outing Tees Off
- 40th Anniversary of the SM 1976 State Basketball Champs
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market temporarily moves for Evening on the Avenue Street Festival
- St Francis School District Rummage Sale
- South Milwaukee Performing Arts Center Presents: The Donny McCaslin Group- Musicians on David Bowie's Blackstar
- #YourStoryMKE Shares Personal Stories About Those Benefiting from Catholic Charities’ Programs
- Book Release Party at Cudahy Family Library
- Bay View Historical Society Annual Walk on August 6th