Music will be bloomin’ this Saturday when the Mil Town Treblemakers take the stage for their Spring Concert. The a cappella women’s group will sing hits from Mumford and Sons, Whitney Houston, The Beatles, The Jackson 5, Sara Bareilles, and more—all performed without instruments!
There will be two FREE concerts, 2 pm and 7 pm Saturday, April 27, Marian Center for the Performing Arts, 3195 South Superior St, Milwaukee (enter at southwest corner). Refreshments will be available, and a CD of the show will be on sale.
Locally known as winners of CBS's "Just Ten Minutes" Superbowl Contest, these ladies are friends from all walks of life. These twenty-somethings currently work in the community as some of Milwaukee's teachers, artists, and small business owners.
The girlfriends, many of whom are alums of South Milwaukee High School, formed the group in the Fall of 2009 as an excuse to get together to do something that they love. The Mil Town Treblemakers sing a wide variety of tunes—from oldies, to pop, to musical theatre, all original arrangements in a fresh a cappella style.
Listen to an interview with the group on Lake Effect, 10 to 11 am, April 25. (WUWM Milwaukee Public Radio 89.7)
Donations accepted at the door the day of the shows. For more info, go to miltowntreblemakers.com
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Fun and Affordable Day Trips through Kelly Senior Center
- Animated Illusionist Ardan James to Perform
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market Plans Grand Reopening on July 31st - Shows off remodeled 11th Avenue Streetscape
- Bay View High School Holding 100th Anniversary
- Brain Injury Resource Center of Wisconsin, Inc.’s new informational commercial
- Post-Summer Polar Vortex, Return to the Beach and Check a Website for Conditions
- Local Theater Company Places Women in Spotlight in Upcoming World Premiere
- Relay For Life of the Southern 8 - August 1st
- Cudahy Family Library presents Antique Appraisal Event
- Cell phones and 911.