Every day, Wisconsin teachers strive to fulfill fundamental goals of education: to foster a love of learning and challenge students to try new things to reach their full potential. The goals of virtual education, and virtual school educators, are no different.
Wisconsin Connections Academy (WCA) is an online public school available, tuition-free, to students in kindergarten through 12th grade statewide. Just like traditional brick-and-mortar schools, WCA engages in effective classroom instruction, maintains ongoing communication with students and families, employs dedicated teachers, and offers core academic courses and interesting electives.
I’m often asked what I think makes online learning such a good option for students. I preface my answer by saying that virtual education isn’t for everyone, but for many it is a great fit and I always encourage students and parents to learn more. In my view, these are some of the top reasons students succeed in virtual school:
•Customized Learning. Technology affords WCA the opportunity to adjust learning for each student. Through our Personalized Performance Learning approach, an instruction plan is tailored to each student’s abilities and is built around a student’s background, learning style, academic goals and progress. WCA also offers Gifted and Talented, College Preparatory and Honors and Advanced Placement classes.
•Flexibility. Because students learn from home and aren’t tied to the schedules of their peers, there is more flexibility in terms of where, when, and how quickly – or slowly – they can learn. This flexibility also allows students to pursue their individual interests and needs without sacrificing a quality education. Whether pursuing competitive athletics, performing arts, or addressing personal challenges such as health issues, WCA’s flexibility gives students the freedom to grow and the tools to succeed.
•Personal and Academic Goal Setting. Students enrolled in virtual school are never alone in the learning process. Highly-qualified, state-certified, teachers and staff are dedicated to helping students reach their full potential through goal-setting, course scheduling, personal and social development and post-graduation planning.
For those seeking an alternative to the traditional classroom, virtual education offers a dynamic learning community that focuses on the academic and emotional success of students. For more information on our virtual academy, visit www.WisconsinConnectionsAcademy.com
Wisconsin Connections Academy Principal
- First Annual St. Robert Pretzel Run Offers Participants Fun and a Tasty Treat
- 15th Stu's Flooring Benefit Golf Outing Tees Off
- 40th Anniversary of the SM 1976 State Basketball Champs
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market temporarily moves for Evening on the Avenue Street Festival
- St Francis School District Rummage Sale
- South Milwaukee Performing Arts Center Presents: The Donny McCaslin Group- Musicians on David Bowie's Blackstar
- #YourStoryMKE Shares Personal Stories About Those Benefiting from Catholic Charities’ Programs
- Book Release Party at Cudahy Family Library
- Bay View Historical Society Annual Walk on August 6th
- St. Ann Center Gala Promises An Uplifting Experience