GRAEF, a Wisconsin-based engineering and consulting firm, was recently selected as the winner of the American Council of Engineering Companies’ (ACEC) “National Recognition” award for exceptional achievement in engineering for the University of Wisconsin-Madison’s Union South project. GRAEF received the recognition award at the ACEC Engineering Excellence Awards Gala on April 23 in Washington, D.C. The Gala recognized international preeminent engineering achievements for 2012.
“We are honored to be recognized by the American Council of Engineering Companies for this project,” said John Kissinger, CEO of GRAEF. “The much-needed redevelopment of the UW-Madison’s Union South presented a great opportunity to create a unique design to meet the 21st century needs of the campus and its students.”
Completed in 2011, the new Union South provides students on the south end of campus with state-of-the-art amenities, including a three-level entertainment center totaling 275,000-square-feet. Other featured amenities include eight bowling lanes, a billiards hall and a rock-climbing wall. A bar and grill, live stage area, and an upper level balcony are included in addition to a 60-room campus hotel. Additionally, 160 spaces of underground parking are available to campus visitors. The new structure offers a green “gateway” to the south side of the campus with attractive and functional exterior amenities.
GRAEF is an employee-owned, full-service engineering and consulting firm with proven expertise in planning; landscape and industrial architecture; operations consulting; and structural, civil, transportation, MEP, and environmental engineering. GRAEF serves public and private clients from its offices in Milwaukee, Green Bay, and Madison, Wisconsin; Chicago, Illinois; and Orlando, Florida. For more than 50 years, GRAEF has demonstrated its commitment to continuously adapting to meet the changing needs of the industry and its clients. For more information, visit www.GRAEF-usa.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- South Milwaukee native Jerome Kitzke performing at SMPAC Poetry in Music/Music in Poetry
- April 19: Meet Sundance Award-Winner & South Milwaukee Native Chad Gracia, Ukrainian Fedor Alexandrovich
- Do You Have a Silent Leak? Southeast Wisconsin Plumber Suggests Auditing Water Bill
- NEWCASTLE PLACE TO HOST MEMORIES IN THE MAKING® ART SHOWCASE
- End the Silence Panel Event
- HISPANIC PROFESSIONALS OF GREATER MILWAUKEE ANNOUNCES CRISTINA SARALEGUI AS KEYNOTE SPEAKER FOR FIVE STAR GALA
- Wilson Senior Center Travel Outing - Peter and the Starcatcher at the Rep on May 13
- Alverno College to Host Screening of Vel Phillips Documentary
- BloodCenter to Host Milwaukee Bucks Blood Drive
- Bunny Party at the St. Francis Library