Members of the Milwaukee Bonsai Society will be offering interested parties a chance to get their feet wet with the creation of their first Bonsai masterpiece at Boerner Botanical Gardens, 9400 Boerner Drive in Hales Corners, on Sunday, June 16, 2013 from 9am to noon. Bonsai is the Japanese art of growing small trees in pots and dates back over a thousand years.
The Bonsai workshop is limited to six participants and the cost is $75 that includes a tree, pot, wire and membership in the Milwaukee Bonsai Society for 2013. With questions please contact the Bonsai Society at (414) 299-9229 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition the Milwaukee Model T Club will be displaying several of its vintage automobiles for public viewing near the Visitors Center. Also a miniature model train will be staged and running for children to enjoy. The Friends of Boerner Botanical Gardens will be present with the gift shop open and on hand with information regarding upcoming classes and events.
Experience the living splendor of Boerner Botanical Gardens nestled in Whitnall Park and savor the five-station all-you-can-eat brunch by the Bartolotta Catering Company. For Father’s Day brunch reservations please call (414) 525-5635. For more information regarding Boerner Botanical Gardens and the Father’s Day Celebration call (414) 525-5601.
- HamBINGO Thursday June 2 to Benefit Second Hand Purrs
- County Parks Offers Free Chess Camps
- World Wide Knit in Public Day Celebration at Cudahy Family Library
- Art Show at Cudahy Depot
- OAKVIEW BUSINESS PARK LOOKS TO CAPITALIZE ON ROBUST OAK CREEK DEVELOPMENT MARKET
- Huge Bicycle Auction
- Spring Festival at Polonia Sport Club
- A Disappearing Continues!
- Eat at Transfer Pizzeria May 9-23 to benefit Second Hand Purrs
- Holly and Joey Baird of the Wisconsin Vegetable Gardener at the Cudahy Family Library in June