Members of the Milwaukee Bonsai Society will be offering interested parties a chance to get their feet wet with the creation of their first Bonsai masterpiece at Boerner Botanical Gardens, 9400 Boerner Drive in Hales Corners, on Sunday, June 16, 2013 from 9am to noon. Bonsai is the Japanese art of growing small trees in pots and dates back over a thousand years.
The Bonsai workshop is limited to six participants and the cost is $75 that includes a tree, pot, wire and membership in the Milwaukee Bonsai Society for 2013. With questions please contact the Bonsai Society at (414) 299-9229 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition the Milwaukee Model T Club will be displaying several of its vintage automobiles for public viewing near the Visitors Center. Also a miniature model train will be staged and running for children to enjoy. The Friends of Boerner Botanical Gardens will be present with the gift shop open and on hand with information regarding upcoming classes and events.
Experience the living splendor of Boerner Botanical Gardens nestled in Whitnall Park and savor the five-station all-you-can-eat brunch by the Bartolotta Catering Company. For Father’s Day brunch reservations please call (414) 525-5635. For more information regarding Boerner Botanical Gardens and the Father’s Day Celebration call (414) 525-5601.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Little House on the Prairie Book Club
- St. Patrick’s Day Concert with David HB Drake
- Skip Jones ~Songs from Grandpa’s River
- Cinderella at the Avalon: A Cudahy Family Library Benefit
- Why You Should Care About National Consumer Protection Week
- Comedy Hypnotist Steven Coppola and Boston Comedian Mark Scalia to Perform at Franklin Elks
- Black History Month, A Time to End Smoking and Save Lives
- Milwaukee Concert Band Winter Concert
- Memory Cafes coming to Bay View!
- Milwaukee Art Museum Hosts Kohl's Art Generation Open Studio: Wearable Art