Members of the Milwaukee Bonsai Society will be offering interested parties a chance to get their feet wet with the creation of their first Bonsai masterpiece at Boerner Botanical Gardens, 9400 Boerner Drive in Hales Corners, on Sunday, June 16, 2013 from 9am to noon. Bonsai is the Japanese art of growing small trees in pots and dates back over a thousand years.
The Bonsai workshop is limited to six participants and the cost is $75 that includes a tree, pot, wire and membership in the Milwaukee Bonsai Society for 2013. With questions please contact the Bonsai Society at (414) 299-9229 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition the Milwaukee Model T Club will be displaying several of its vintage automobiles for public viewing near the Visitors Center. Also a miniature model train will be staged and running for children to enjoy. The Friends of Boerner Botanical Gardens will be present with the gift shop open and on hand with information regarding upcoming classes and events.
Experience the living splendor of Boerner Botanical Gardens nestled in Whitnall Park and savor the five-station all-you-can-eat brunch by the Bartolotta Catering Company. For Father’s Day brunch reservations please call (414) 525-5635. For more information regarding Boerner Botanical Gardens and the Father’s Day Celebration call (414) 525-5601.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Rustic Furniture Maker at St. Ann Center Indoor Market
- Bartelt Wins 2016 Regional Contractor of the Year (CotY) Award
- UWP March Science Night - Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club: February schedule
- LOST Miniature Poodle in Wauwatosa
- Encouraging Kindness in your Children
- UW-Parkside Traditions of Excellence Nominations
- Chicago Block Clubs and Social Justice Examined in Talk at UWM, Feb. 26
- Author Discusses Book on Milwaukee's School Choice Movement, at UWM on Feb. 23
- Talk on Religion, Ecology and Identity in Southern Africa at UWM Feb. 19