Daniel Wernsman of Milwaukee, WI has been selected to represent teens from FEMA Region V covering WI, MI, IL, MN IN and OH on FEMA’s Youth Council. The Council works to contribute to the national agenda on how to utilize young people in emergency management. The 13 Council members are selected through a nomination process for their work in engaging communities in local preparedness.
Daniel is a junior at Thomas More High School. He joined the local teen emergency preparedness program R.E.A.D.Y. (Responding to Emergencies And Disasters with Youth) at the age of 12 through the Bay View Community Center. At 13, he attended the week long, overnight statewide R.E.A.D.Y. Camp program operated by the Center for School, Youth and Citizen Preparedness in Lodi, WI. Since then he has returned to the annual camp as an Advanced Camper, helping to train the newest members of camp.
Daniel has presented at the 2010 Homeland Security Conference in WI, presented R.E.A.D.Y. Project funding requests to grant funders and has led trainings at local middle schools to teach Bystander CPR. Daniel begins his one year term at the FEMA Youth Council Conference on July 23rd in Washington D.C.
- 40th Anniversary of the SM 1976 State Basketball Champs
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market temporarily moves for Evening on the Avenue Street Festival
- St Francis School District Rummage Sale
- South Milwaukee Performing Arts Center Presents: The Donny McCaslin Group- Musicians on David Bowie's Blackstar
- #YourStoryMKE Shares Personal Stories About Those Benefiting from Catholic Charities’ Programs
- Book Release Party at Cudahy Family Library
- Bay View Historical Society Annual Walk on August 6th
- St. Ann Center Gala Promises An Uplifting Experience
- Thank you from the Humboldt Park 4th of July Association
- August Summer Art Camps at Cattywampus