Daniel Wernsman of Milwaukee, WI has been selected to represent teens from FEMA Region V covering WI, MI, IL, MN IN and OH on FEMA’s Youth Council. The Council works to contribute to the national agenda on how to utilize young people in emergency management. The 13 Council members are selected through a nomination process for their work in engaging communities in local preparedness.
Daniel is a junior at Thomas More High School. He joined the local teen emergency preparedness program R.E.A.D.Y. (Responding to Emergencies And Disasters with Youth) at the age of 12 through the Bay View Community Center. At 13, he attended the week long, overnight statewide R.E.A.D.Y. Camp program operated by the Center for School, Youth and Citizen Preparedness in Lodi, WI. Since then he has returned to the annual camp as an Advanced Camper, helping to train the newest members of camp.
Daniel has presented at the 2010 Homeland Security Conference in WI, presented R.E.A.D.Y. Project funding requests to grant funders and has led trainings at local middle schools to teach Bystander CPR. Daniel begins his one year term at the FEMA Youth Council Conference on July 23rd in Washington D.C.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Winter Storytime Free Fun
- BBB Helps Consumers Get The Most Out Of Their Gift Cards
- Opus Foundation(R) awards more than $200,000 to Milwaukee-area organizations
- Chant Claire Chamber Choir Sings a New Song
- Hear Ye, Hear Ye, The Bells are Ringing!
- December 14th Book Signing for Milwaukee’s Town of Lake
- Encourage your kids to become involved in extracurriculars
- Edward Zapencki Continued to Collect Money From Businesses for Fun Maps He Didn’t Deliver
- Christmas Egypyian Cookie Sale
- Community Toy Drive