Daniel Wernsman of Milwaukee, WI has been selected to represent teens from FEMA Region V covering WI, MI, IL, MN IN and OH on FEMA’s Youth Council. The Council works to contribute to the national agenda on how to utilize young people in emergency management. The 13 Council members are selected through a nomination process for their work in engaging communities in local preparedness.
Daniel is a junior at Thomas More High School. He joined the local teen emergency preparedness program R.E.A.D.Y. (Responding to Emergencies And Disasters with Youth) at the age of 12 through the Bay View Community Center. At 13, he attended the week long, overnight statewide R.E.A.D.Y. Camp program operated by the Center for School, Youth and Citizen Preparedness in Lodi, WI. Since then he has returned to the annual camp as an Advanced Camper, helping to train the newest members of camp.
Daniel has presented at the 2010 Homeland Security Conference in WI, presented R.E.A.D.Y. Project funding requests to grant funders and has led trainings at local middle schools to teach Bystander CPR. Daniel begins his one year term at the FEMA Youth Council Conference on July 23rd in Washington D.C.
- BBB Tips to Ensure Wise Giving on Memorial Day
- HamBINGO Thursday June 2 to Benefit Second Hand Purrs
- County Parks Offers Free Chess Camps
- World Wide Knit in Public Day Celebration at Cudahy Family Library
- Art Show at Cudahy Depot
- OAKVIEW BUSINESS PARK LOOKS TO CAPITALIZE ON ROBUST OAK CREEK DEVELOPMENT MARKET
- Huge Bicycle Auction
- Spring Festival at Polonia Sport Club
- A Disappearing Continues!
- Eat at Transfer Pizzeria May 9-23 to benefit Second Hand Purrs