The St. Francis Library announces a very special storytime that you won’t want to miss! Hop into your jammies, bring your favorite stuffed animal friend, and join children’s author Jamie A. Swenson for a silly, noisy celebration of her debut picture book BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! She’ll be at the St. Francis Library on Tuesday, July 16 at 10:15 a.m. Kids and grown-ups alike will enjoy this interactive storytime and craft perfect for the whole family. Ms. Swenson’s book BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! will be available for purchase/signing following the program. Ms. Swenson is happy to answer questions about the children’s book industry for those curious about what it’s really like to be a writer – and for those interested in becoming published authors too! The library is located at 4230 S. Nicholson Avenue, and questions can be answered by calling (414) 481-7323.
Jamie A. Swenson received her MFA in writing for Children and Young Adults from Hamline University in MN. With over twenty years of library/early literacy storytelling experience, Ms. Swenson knows not only how to write for children, but how to make storytime a joyful experience and get kids (and their parents) excited about reading. Ms. Swenson works as an associate librarian at the Hedberg Public Library in Janesville, WI where she shares her enthusiasm for books and reading with families every day. Visit her website at www.jamieswenson.com
A stormy night. A brave little boy. Far too many frightened friends – and a bed a bit too cozy! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! is a rollicking-fun read that perfectly combines rhythm, rhyme, counting, and silliness in a book sure to become a favorite read aloud. Perfect for bedtime, or anytime reading – especially for young children who might find thunderstorms a tad bit frightening – they will see that everything turns out just fine in the end. Ages 2 & Up.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Alverno College Awarded Two-Year College Ready Grant from Great Lakes
- Two Fun Dog Events Coming Soon
- Polonia's Annual Festival
- Brighter Economic Prospects Brings Greater Focus on Cash Flow, Efficiency
- Rose Tattoo folk group to be revived in Milwaukee
- Bayview Historical Society 35th Anniversary Celebration
- St. Thomas More High School to Dedicate New Gym Floor to Coach Rick Majerus
- Band Concert - Cudahy Historical Society
- Habitat for Humanity Selects Flat Rate Home Services to Assist in New Project
- Meijer Launches Simply Give Campaign in New Wisconsin Supercenters