Historian and author Mark Speltz will present a talk entitled “Bottoms Up: A Toast to Wisconsin's Historic Bars & Breweries” on Thursday, August 8 at 7 p.m. in the American Geographical Society Library, located on the third floor, east wing of the UWM Golda Meir Library building, 2311 E. Hartford Avenue.
His presentation is the 2013 installment of the UWM Libraries Archives' annual "Revisiting Our Past" Local History Lecture.
Co-author of the book "Bottoms Up: A Toast to Wisconsin's Bars & Breweries" (2012, Wisconsin Historical Society Press), Speltz is a senior historian at American Girl and recently completed a master's degree in public history at UWM.
He has also worked as an independent researcher on exhibits for museums, including the Ellis Island Immigration Museum, and has written several articles for the "Wisconsin Magazine of History."
The lecture is free and open to the public. For more information or special needs, call (414) 229-5402.
- Bartelt Wins Two Regional Chrysalis Awards
- A Right Path Wellness Opens in Bay View with Community Open House May 21 4-8:00
- Oak Creek Youth Football - Registration is Open!!
- Join the Fight Against Cancer! Register for the Relay For Life of the Southern Eight!
- Kitten Baby Shower Saturday May 7 at Second Hand Purrs
- South Milwaukee Little League Opening Day
- MARDI GRAS IN MAY!
- Sister Edna’s Jewelry Gets Shiny New Look
- Midwest Premiere Event "A Disappearing"
- Play Minecraft in a Movie Theatre