Historian and author Mark Speltz will present a talk entitled “Bottoms Up: A Toast to Wisconsin's Historic Bars & Breweries” on Thursday, August 8 at 7 p.m. in the American Geographical Society Library, located on the third floor, east wing of the UWM Golda Meir Library building, 2311 E. Hartford Avenue.
His presentation is the 2013 installment of the UWM Libraries Archives' annual "Revisiting Our Past" Local History Lecture.
Co-author of the book "Bottoms Up: A Toast to Wisconsin's Bars & Breweries" (2012, Wisconsin Historical Society Press), Speltz is a senior historian at American Girl and recently completed a master's degree in public history at UWM.
He has also worked as an independent researcher on exhibits for museums, including the Ellis Island Immigration Museum, and has written several articles for the "Wisconsin Magazine of History."
The lecture is free and open to the public. For more information or special needs, call (414) 229-5402.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Spring Salad Luncheom
- Free Movie and Game Day at St. Francis Library
- State Budget Information Session, Monday, April 20
- South Shore Youth Rugby Club
- Afternoon Tea Delight at Cudahy Family Library
- Last Market & Rummage Sale at St. Ann Center
- Seniors Trip to Brewers-Dodgers Game
- Over 100 Performers! A Night You Won't Want to Miss! May 1 GALA EXTRAVAGANZA
- Beth Stoddard: Landscapes and Still Lifes Art Exhibition of Oil Paintings at the Greenfield Public Libarary, April 2015
- Spring Artwalk