Historian and author Mark Speltz will present a talk entitled “Bottoms Up: A Toast to Wisconsin's Historic Bars & Breweries” on Thursday, August 8 at 7 p.m. in the American Geographical Society Library, located on the third floor, east wing of the UWM Golda Meir Library building, 2311 E. Hartford Avenue.
His presentation is the 2013 installment of the UWM Libraries Archives' annual "Revisiting Our Past" Local History Lecture.
Co-author of the book "Bottoms Up: A Toast to Wisconsin's Bars & Breweries" (2012, Wisconsin Historical Society Press), Speltz is a senior historian at American Girl and recently completed a master's degree in public history at UWM.
He has also worked as an independent researcher on exhibits for museums, including the Ellis Island Immigration Museum, and has written several articles for the "Wisconsin Magazine of History."
The lecture is free and open to the public. For more information or special needs, call (414) 229-5402.
- 40th Anniversary of the SM 1976 State Basketball Champs
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market temporarily moves for Evening on the Avenue Street Festival
- St Francis School District Rummage Sale
- South Milwaukee Performing Arts Center Presents: The Donny McCaslin Group- Musicians on David Bowie's Blackstar
- #YourStoryMKE Shares Personal Stories About Those Benefiting from Catholic Charities’ Programs
- Book Release Party at Cudahy Family Library
- Bay View Historical Society Annual Walk on August 6th
- St. Ann Center Gala Promises An Uplifting Experience
- Thank you from the Humboldt Park 4th of July Association
- August Summer Art Camps at Cattywampus