In honor of Harley Davidson’s 110th anniversary, Howard Village senior community, 2500 E. Howard Avenue, will host a variety of activities dedicated to the legendary motorcycle company that is a hallmark of Milwaukee. Howard Village will kick off the month of August with a door decorating contest and design black and orange Harley Davidson necklaces to wear at their much anticipated Harley parade.
On Tuesday, August 6th, there will be a viewing of the movie, “Wild Hogs”. This will be followed by a parade of the Milwaukee HOG chapter, which will depart from the House of Harley, 6221 W. Layton Avenue, in Milwaukee at 6:30 pm. The St. Francis police department will lead off the parade along with Sparky, the mascot from the St. Francis fire department. The parade will conclude in the parking lot at Howard Village, where the seniors and their families will greet the Harley riders for photos, refreshments and a special game of Harley Bingo. There will also be a deejay and dancing.
Howard Village is a Laureate Group community and offers independent and assisted living apartments. For more information, visit www.laureategroup.com
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club: October events
- Shorewood soprano to sing world premiere
- Wet Wipes for MidEast Troops
- St. Thomas More High School Prepares for Recycling Drive
- Rocktoberfest Beer Tasting
- Rudyard Kipling comes to Milwaukee in advance of his 150th birthday!
- Local Contractor on Mission to Educate First Time Homeowners
- Bartelt Wins Two MBA Achievement Awards
- Babe's Ice Cream Turns 10 Years Old
- HamBINGO Thursday October 8 to Benefit Second Hand Purrs