In honor of Harley Davidson’s 110th anniversary, Howard Village senior community, 2500 E. Howard Avenue, will host a variety of activities dedicated to the legendary motorcycle company that is a hallmark of Milwaukee. Howard Village will kick off the month of August with a door decorating contest and design black and orange Harley Davidson necklaces to wear at their much anticipated Harley parade.
On Tuesday, August 6th, there will be a viewing of the movie, “Wild Hogs”. This will be followed by a parade of the Milwaukee HOG chapter, which will depart from the House of Harley, 6221 W. Layton Avenue, in Milwaukee at 6:30 pm. The St. Francis police department will lead off the parade along with Sparky, the mascot from the St. Francis fire department. The parade will conclude in the parking lot at Howard Village, where the seniors and their families will greet the Harley riders for photos, refreshments and a special game of Harley Bingo. There will also be a deejay and dancing.
Howard Village is a Laureate Group community and offers independent and assisted living apartments. For more information, visit www.laureategroup.com
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Cudahy Historical Society Open House This Saturday
- Howard Village Hosts Fall Open House
- SUPPORT CUDAHY FARMERS MARKET
- PURSE AUCTION FEATURES MORE THAN HANDBAGS
- Card Skimming: Can it Happen to You?
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin Announces 14th Annual Big League Blood Drive
- UW-Parkside Faculty and Staff Honored by UW System
- SMOKIN' ACES & CIGARMKE PRESENT THE ROOF IS ON FIRE
- 51st SAINT FRANCIS DAYS
- Free Writing Workshop for Kids