THE MILWAUKEE MASTERPIECE CELEBRATES THE HISTORICAL IMPACT OF HANDCRAFTED CARS AT 9TH ANNUAL EVENT
The 9th annual Milwaukee Masterpiece will take place Saturday, August 24 and Sunday, August 25 at Veterans Park. On Saturday, from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., local and regional clubs will display their finest American, English, German and Italian cars as well as hot rods and motorcycles. On Sunday, from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., the Concours d’Elegance will celebrate Handcrafted Cars built in postwar America.
Club Saturday at the M will feature a parade of automobiles and motorcycles starting at the Harley-Davidson Museum and ending on the show field. The Fuzzknuckle Blues Band will perform throughout the afternoon, leading up to the awards’ ceremony at 3:30pm. Attendees will be amazed by the variety of vehicles on display–everything from a 1928 Whippet 96 Coach to a 2013 BMW M3.
Sunday’s Concours d’Elegance will showcase Sport Customs, Sports Cars, Hot Rods, Race Cars and Other Hand Built marvels. These handcrafted Cars have occasionally been recognized individually at a show or event, but have never been brought together as a class to be studied, shown and exhibited. The awards ceremony, including the announcement of People’s Choice Award, is slated for 2:00pm during the concours.
This year’s Milwaukee Masterpiece will celebrate the innovation of Handcrafted Cars along with significant milestones in automobile and motorcycle history. This weekend-long event, featuring exhibitors from across the United States, Canada and Europe, will give attendees the opportunity to get up close and personal with the vehicles and their owners.
The Milwaukee Masterpiece will also commemorate the following anniversaries: 50th year of Ferrari Club of America, 50th year of Porsche 911, 60th year of Corvette, 100th year of Aston Martin and the 110th year of Harley-Davidson Motorcycles. As always, attendees can enjoy fantastic food, wine and beer throughout the weekend at this one-of-a-kind event on Milwaukee’s scenic lakefront.
Pre-sale tickets are available before August 21st for $15 per day or $20 for a two-day pass. At the gate, tickets are $20 per day or $25 for a two-day pass. Children under age 12 are admitted free when accompanied by an adult. For more information or to purchase tickets, please visit www.milwaukeemasterpiece.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Carlos Meyers will appear in Milwaukee Rep Theater's production of A Christmas Carol
- WindSync "Simple Gifts: A Holiday Sampler"
- Shop Small on Small Business Saturday
- Local Author's Novel, Schrodinger's Dachshund, Set in Cudahy
- TOP 10 THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW WHEN BUYING A HOME
- Prasser-Kleczka is donating to Hunger Task Force but we need YOUR help!
- Freedom Gobel will appear in Milwaukee Rep Theater's production of A Christmas Carol
- Jamaica Gobel will appear in Milwaukee Rep Theater's production of A Christmas Carol
- Kemet Gobel will appear in Milwaukee Rep Theater's production of A Christmas Carol
- St. Mark's "Night of the Father's Love"