New Berlin native, Carrie Reichartz, never wanted to travel outside the country for any reason, but in 2008 she was pulled to do just that in Kenya. Her life and the life of so many others will never be the same.
That trip changed her from an award-winning family law lawyer to a missionary in one month. She currently works with orphans, schools, and feeding centers in Mombasa, Kenya.
She is also starting the first ever pregnancy crisis center in Mombasa, Kenya for girls that are pregnant and desperate after getting kicked out of school and their homes when they find out they are pregnant. Adoption issues are also her passion and she works with various government officials, orphanages and churches to promote adoption both within Kenya and internationally.
She has written a book to share her Kenya experiences called From Lawyer to Missionary: A Journey to Kenya and Back Again available on Amazon.com. Rave reviews so far. “I couldn’t put it down!” “I felt like I was there with her.” All the proceeds, not just the profits, ALL the proceeds go directly to Kenya for the pregnancy crisis work.
Join Operation Give Hope and Carrie and so many more to raise funds and celebrate with our Second Annual run/walk for African Orphans at the South Shore Park Pavilion on October 19, 2013. We will also have authentic Kenyan bags and jewelry for purchase. Great start for your Christmas shopping for a great cause!
We are also currently hosting a shoe drive. Bring us any of your shoes. Flip flops, boots, old, new, worn out, to designer. Bring us all your shoes if we can reach 25,000 pairs of shoes will get a huge grant toward the pregnancy crisis work!
See OperationGiveHopeRun.intuitwebsites.com for more information.
We hope you can join us in changing the world, one child at a time!
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Healing In The Garden
- Celebrate Independence Day at Humboldt Park
- Fun, food and fireworks, it's South Shore Frolic time!
- DYPC Junior & Senior Company Auditions
- ATI Physical Therapy Offers Complimentary Screenings at All Locations
- Music for every Palate – South Milwaukee Market announces July music line up
- Back to School Event for Foster Children Urges Public to Volunteer
- Real Time - First Friday Performance Series at Danceworks
- Catey Ott Dance Collective: 3rd (i) EYE Conscious
- The UMDF Energy for Life Walk is September 26th!