GemEx Systems, the company that invented the BrillianceScope analyzer -- a device that accurately measures a diamond’s light performance -- has a terrific gift idea for you. If you want to buy a diamond for that special person in your life, or if you already own one, the company can engrave the table (or top) of your diamond with customized graphics. The GemEx Ion is the Mequon company’s hyper-personalized diamond engraving process that can do the job.
“The diamond can be engraved with a special Christmas, Valentine’s Day, engagement or anniversary message, for example,” explains Randall Wagner, GemEx’s president. “The image will be invisible to the naked eye but can be seen with a special, conveniently-sized holographic diamond viewer that we’ve also created,” he says.
“Our engraving process can also turn a diamond that is already owned into a keepsake or heirloom. For instance, a woman wearing a diamond ring that was her grandmother’s can have her grandmother’s photo engraved on the diamond.”
Consumers wanting to take advantage of the service can electronically send a desired image or message to GemEx. The company in turn will process it and send it back to the consumer for approval. After they’ve approved it, they or their jeweler will send their diamond to Gemex to be engraved. “Our turnaround time is less than a week,” says Wagner.
“Our new service involves ion beam marking of diamonds and other gemstones. It’s a unique and safe way to provide a permanent mark on the table of cut and polished gemstones.
“And equally as important, the GemEx Ion process will make it possible for consumers to prove ownership of their diamond if it is ever stolen, lost, or sent in for repair. So, in addition to personalizing it, they also are protecting themselves if anything ever happens to the stone.”
The ion beam process creates a clear mark on the table that does not interfere with the refractive light or fire of the diamond or other gemstone. “It’s a gentle process,” he says. “The focused ion beam mark is machined atom by atom on the table and polishes the surface at a depth of only 20 nanometers. It’s highly controllable. And, focused ion beam technology provides an exceptionally fine resolution.” According to Wagner, focused ion beam table marking is the height of high tech and elegant craftsmanship for diamonds.
For more information about GemEx Ion contact GemEx Systems, 262-242-1111, or visit them on the web: www.gemex.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Bunny Plans Special Stop at Pulaski Pavilion
- BBB Warns Service Members of common scams during Military Saves Week
- Parkside Theatre Presents "A Midsummer Night's Dream"
- Franklin Artist Wins "Best of Show" at 2015 League of Milwaukee Artists' Spring Show
- Band Together Concert Fundraiser to feature UW-Madison Marching Band
- #1 Show Cats in the World live right here in Milwaukee
- Holocaust Remembrance Service
- Zymbiotics a New Local Company Making Fine Fermented Foods is Now Available at Outpost Coop
- Essay Winners from the Daughters of the American Revolution - Milwaukee Chapter
- Inspired by Love of Their Country, Local Contractor Gifts Veteran Family New Furnace to Help Them through Harsh Winter