If you were at the South Shore Farmer's Market on Saturday August 31st, you likely saw many girls clad in tutus and dancing in their pointe shoes, as The Academy of Classical Ballet was at the Market for their "Learn About Your Schools" event. The Academy of Classical Ballet and it's dancers were present to represent their school, the only professional ballet school in the area.
Both Academy of Classical Ballet parents and students were on hand to talk about the Academy's unique history. Not only is ACB the only professional ballet school in the area, but it is also the only dance school in the nation to research and follow current medical advice on the teaching of dance. The Academy is proud to be the only area school to change traditional teaching methods to ensure student safety.
In additional to learning safe dance practices, students at the Academy of Classical Ballet participate in the DanceA'demic Program, a program that incorporates real academic content into each dance lesson. Students are also taught not just their dance terminology in French, but real conversational French, enabling students to be fluent in the French language by the time they graduate from the Academy.
While at the Farmer's Market, ACB students demonstrated what safe dance training looks like, as well as demonstrating their French language skills. The students and parents of the Academy of Classical Ballet had a blast visiting and shopping at Bay View's South Shore Farmer's Market as well. The students talked to other children about their love of dance, educated about the Academy's medically-based dance training (why it's not safe to do ballet before the age of eight),and encouraged many adults to take up ballet as well (you're never too old!).
All ACB parents and students enjoyed their time at the Market immensely and are looking forward to being able to come back soon.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- First Day of School for St. Francis Public Schools
- Kelly Senior Center invites you to join their monthly Luncheon Outings
- Fun and Affordable Day Trips through Kelly Senior Center
- Animated Illusionist Ardan James to Perform
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market Plans Grand Reopening on July 31st - Shows off remodeled 11th Avenue Streetscape
- Bay View High School Holding 100th Anniversary
- Brain Injury Resource Center of Wisconsin, Inc.’s new informational commercial
- Post-Summer Polar Vortex, Return to the Beach and Check a Website for Conditions
- Local Theater Company Places Women in Spotlight in Upcoming World Premiere
- Relay For Life of the Southern 8 - August 1st