If you were at the South Shore Farmer's Market on Saturday August 31st, you likely saw many girls clad in tutus and dancing in their pointe shoes, as The Academy of Classical Ballet was at the Market for their "Learn About Your Schools" event. The Academy of Classical Ballet and it's dancers were present to represent their school, the only professional ballet school in the area.
Both Academy of Classical Ballet parents and students were on hand to talk about the Academy's unique history. Not only is ACB the only professional ballet school in the area, but it is also the only dance school in the nation to research and follow current medical advice on the teaching of dance. The Academy is proud to be the only area school to change traditional teaching methods to ensure student safety.
In additional to learning safe dance practices, students at the Academy of Classical Ballet participate in the DanceA'demic Program, a program that incorporates real academic content into each dance lesson. Students are also taught not just their dance terminology in French, but real conversational French, enabling students to be fluent in the French language by the time they graduate from the Academy.
While at the Farmer's Market, ACB students demonstrated what safe dance training looks like, as well as demonstrating their French language skills. The students and parents of the Academy of Classical Ballet had a blast visiting and shopping at Bay View's South Shore Farmer's Market as well. The students talked to other children about their love of dance, educated about the Academy's medically-based dance training (why it's not safe to do ballet before the age of eight),and encouraged many adults to take up ballet as well (you're never too old!).
All ACB parents and students enjoyed their time at the Market immensely and are looking forward to being able to come back soon.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Bunny Plans Special Stop at Pulaski Pavilion
- BBB Warns Service Members of common scams during Military Saves Week
- Parkside Theatre Presents "A Midsummer Night's Dream"
- Franklin Artist Wins "Best of Show" at 2015 League of Milwaukee Artists' Spring Show
- Band Together Concert Fundraiser to feature UW-Madison Marching Band
- #1 Show Cats in the World live right here in Milwaukee
- Holocaust Remembrance Service
- Zymbiotics a New Local Company Making Fine Fermented Foods is Now Available at Outpost Coop
- Essay Winners from the Daughters of the American Revolution - Milwaukee Chapter
- Inspired by Love of Their Country, Local Contractor Gifts Veteran Family New Furnace to Help Them through Harsh Winter