A Community Lecture Series is coming to South Milwaukee's Trinity Lutheran Church, and they've scheduled their first two speakers: noted local historian John Gurda on Sept. 22, and award-winning local children’s author Janet Halfmann on Nov. 3.
Both Sunday events start at 4 p.m., to be followed by a simple supper, and they are free and open to the public.
Gurda has authored 19 books on local history and will bring his “Making of Milwaukee” book and television documentary to life with a fascinating examination of the people, places and events that have shaped the Milwaukee area.
Halfmann, who lives in South Milwaukee, has authored more than a dozen children’s books, including critically acclaimed titles like “Little Skink’s Tale,” “Fur and Feathers,” “Star of the Sea: A Day in the Life of a Starfish” and “Eggs 1, 2, 3: Who Will the Babies Be?” She will speak about her journey to becoming an author and share tips of for aspiring writers.
Both authors will also sell and sign copies of their books.
Trinity Lutheran is located at 2507 5th Ave. in South Milwaukee. Learn more at www.tlcsm.org.
- HamBINGO Thursday June 2 to Benefit Second Hand Purrs
- County Parks Offers Free Chess Camps
- World Wide Knit in Public Day Celebration at Cudahy Family Library
- Art Show at Cudahy Depot
- OAKVIEW BUSINESS PARK LOOKS TO CAPITALIZE ON ROBUST OAK CREEK DEVELOPMENT MARKET
- Huge Bicycle Auction
- Spring Festival at Polonia Sport Club
- A Disappearing Continues!
- Eat at Transfer Pizzeria May 9-23 to benefit Second Hand Purrs
- Holly and Joey Baird of the Wisconsin Vegetable Gardener at the Cudahy Family Library in June