Award-winning local children’s book author Janet Halfmann is coming to South Milwaukee’s Trinity Lutheran Church as part of that church’s Community Lecture Series.
The free, family-friendly event, which is open to the public, is set for Sunday, Nov. 3, starting at 4 p.m. It includes a children’s story time, where Halfmann will read from several of her books, and a deeper discussion on her background and tips for aspiring authors.
Child care and activities will be available.
A free spaghetti dinner follows the presentation, and Halfmann will sell and sign her books.
Halfmann, who lives in South Milwaukee, has authored more than a dozen children’s books, including critically acclaimed titles like “Little Skink’s Tale,” “Fur and Feathers,” “Star of the Sea: A Day in the Life of a Starfish” and “Eggs 1, 2, 3: Who Will the Babies Be?”
Trinity Lutheran Church is located at 2507 5th Ave. in South Milwaukee. Learn more at www.tlcsm.org. Learn more about Halfmann at her website: http://www.janethalfmann.com/
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- 2015 GET FIT Workshop - Kelly Senior Center
- Bartelt Hosts Hunger Task Force Food Drive
- Br(OK)en Genius is Healing Communities Through Art
- Toy Drive set for kids in child welfare system
- Glendale's Annual Tree Lighting Ceremony to Feature 40-Foot Live Basalm Tree
- County Executive Abele to Attend South Milwaukee Meet the Mayor Event
- Notre Dame Middle School Assists the Poor This Thanksgiving
- New Bay View Salon Launches Holiday Program To Benefit Wisconsin Humane Society
- This Veterans Day, BBB Reminds you to be Aware of Military Scams and Fake Charities
- Craft Fair