Award-winning local children’s book author Janet Halfmann is coming to South Milwaukee’s Trinity Lutheran Church as part of that church’s Community Lecture Series.
The free, family-friendly event, which is open to the public, is set for Sunday, Nov. 3, starting at 4 p.m. It includes a children’s story time, where Halfmann will read from several of her books, and a deeper discussion on her background and tips for aspiring authors.
Child care and activities will be available.
A free spaghetti dinner follows the presentation, and Halfmann will sell and sign her books.
Halfmann, who lives in South Milwaukee, has authored more than a dozen children’s books, including critically acclaimed titles like “Little Skink’s Tale,” “Fur and Feathers,” “Star of the Sea: A Day in the Life of a Starfish” and “Eggs 1, 2, 3: Who Will the Babies Be?”
Trinity Lutheran Church is located at 2507 5th Ave. in South Milwaukee. Learn more at www.tlcsm.org. Learn more about Halfmann at her website: http://www.janethalfmann.com/
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- BBB Top 10 Scams of 2014
- Save the Date for Cedarburg Art Fair on March 7th, 10-4
- Friends of Pulaski Park-Cudahy Planning Park Upgrade
- Work At Home Scam Targets College Students
- An Open Letter to Governor Walker Regarding "Easy" Teacher Licensure
- From Hollywood to Holy Wood!
- BBB Advice on Making 2015 a Debt-Free Year
- SCORE announces February Business Training Schedule
- Miss West Allis/New Berlin Scholarship Program
- Spring Fling Family Dance Workshop