GRAEF, a Wisconsin-based engineering and consulting firm, is proud to announce that the De Pere Riverwalk and Wildlife Viewing Pier (Riverwalk) in De Pere, Wis. was honored with the “Best Public Improvements” award by the Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation and recognized as a “Best Projects of 2013” from ENR Midwest.
GRAEF served as design and construction engineering consultant on the project. The Riverwalk provides De Pere residents and neighboring communities the opportunity to enjoy the community’s natural and historic resources on foot and provides public access to the Fox River.
“We are honored to have played a key role in the success of this project,” said John Kissinger, CEO of GRAEF. “This unique project presented a challenging opportunity for us to creatively restructure the way De Pere residents and visitors are able to access the city’s abundant natural resources. We are proud to have created an outstanding recreational facility for the community.”
The planning for the $3.6 million project began in 2007 and was constructed in two phases from December 2011 through May 2013. Phase I construction included a pedestrian bridge, lift bridge, raised boardwalk and paved pedestrian walk. Phase II added a wildlife viewing pier and fishing dock.
The project received the “Best Public Improvement” at the 23rd Annual Wisconsin Main Street Awards Program during a ceremony in Wausau on Oct. 25. It also took first place for ENR Midwest’s “Best Projects of 2013” in the Landscape/Hardscape category and will be honored during an awards ceremony at the Crowne Metro Chicago Plaza on Nov. 22.
GRAEF is an employee-owned, full-service engineering and consulting firm with proven expertise in planning; landscape and industrial architecture; operations consulting; and structural, civil, transportation, MEP, and environmental engineering. GRAEF serves public and private clients from its offices in Milwaukee, Green Bay, and Madison, Wisconsin; Chicago, Illinois; and Orlando, Florida. For more than 50 years, GRAEF has demonstrated its commitment to continuously adapting to meet the changing needs of the industry and its clients. For more information, visit www.GRAEF-usa.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- HamBINGO Thursday June 4 to Benefit Second Hand Purrs
- Seeking Adult Day Services Program Volunteers at Lutheran Home
- Cudahy Farmers Market Grand Opening June 3!
- SM Author Jerrianne Hayslett’s Short Story Wins First-Place Prize
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- St. Mark's Project Concern Benefit Musical Extravaganza
- WAMI Award Winner Singer/Songwriter Nora Collins Announces Support for 2015 MECA Vest a K-9 Fest
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- North Shore Suzuki Strings celebrates 25th anniversary
- Oak Creek Resident Finishing Term of Service with Milwaukee Nonprofit