St. Lucas Ev. Lutheran Church, 2605 S. Kinnickinnic Avenue, gives away food baskets during the Thanksgiving season to neighbors who could use a little extra help.
Food baskets typically include powdered milk, cereal (either hot or cold), canned fruit, peanut butter, jelly, canned soup, instant potatoes, canned vegetables, a small turkey, and other useful food items.
“If a food basket would make things easier for you this Thanksgiving season, please pick up a food basket at our church,” said Peter Unnasch, pastor at St. Lucas.
To reserve your food basket, please contact the St. Lucas Church office at 414-483-9122 ext. 1 by Friday, Nov. 15.
All food baskets need to be picked up on Saturday, Nov. 23, between 10 and 11 a.m. at St. Lucas Church. Don’t forget, you must reserve a basket by Friday, Nov. 15.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Spring Salad Luncheom
- Free Movie and Game Day at St. Francis Library
- State Budget Information Session, Monday, April 20
- South Shore Youth Rugby Club
- Afternoon Tea Delight at Cudahy Family Library
- Last Market & Rummage Sale at St. Ann Center
- Seniors Trip to Brewers-Dodgers Game
- Over 100 Performers! A Night You Won't Want to Miss! May 1 GALA EXTRAVAGANZA
- Beth Stoddard: Landscapes and Still Lifes Art Exhibition of Oil Paintings at the Greenfield Public Libarary, April 2015
- Spring Artwalk