St. Lucas Ev. Lutheran Church, 2605 S. Kinnickinnic Avenue, gives away food baskets during the Thanksgiving season to neighbors who could use a little extra help.
Food baskets typically include powdered milk, cereal (either hot or cold), canned fruit, peanut butter, jelly, canned soup, instant potatoes, canned vegetables, a small turkey, and other useful food items.
“If a food basket would make things easier for you this Thanksgiving season, please pick up a food basket at our church,” said Peter Unnasch, pastor at St. Lucas.
To reserve your food basket, please contact the St. Lucas Church office at 414-483-9122 ext. 1 by Friday, Nov. 15.
All food baskets need to be picked up on Saturday, Nov. 23, between 10 and 11 a.m. at St. Lucas Church. Don’t forget, you must reserve a basket by Friday, Nov. 15.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- HamBINGO Thursday October 8 to Benefit Second Hand Purrs
- Watch for New Technology at the Cash Register
- Milwaukee Public Library, Bay View Branch to Host Wisconsin Water Photo Display
- Herbert Lowe featured speaker at UW-Parkside
- Important Donation Made To Dog Organization
- United Performing Arts Fund to Allocate a Record $9.175 Million to Performing Arts Groups
- See the World Up Close Without Leaving Home - Host with YFU USA!
- Brian Hanson Joins Bartelt as Production Administrator
- Rumbarroco Free Performance at UW-Parkside, Oct. 18
- Art & Wellness