St. Lucas Ev. Lutheran Church, 2605 S. Kinnickinnic Avenue, gives away food baskets during the Thanksgiving season to neighbors who could use a little extra help.
Food baskets typically include powdered milk, cereal (either hot or cold), canned fruit, peanut butter, jelly, canned soup, instant potatoes, canned vegetables, a small turkey, and other useful food items.
“If a food basket would make things easier for you this Thanksgiving season, please pick up a food basket at our church,” said Peter Unnasch, pastor at St. Lucas.
To reserve your food basket, please contact the St. Lucas Church office at 414-483-9122 ext. 1 by Friday, Nov. 15.
All food baskets need to be picked up on Saturday, Nov. 23, between 10 and 11 a.m. at St. Lucas Church. Don’t forget, you must reserve a basket by Friday, Nov. 15.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- IndependenceFirst Stride & Glide 5K and family-friendly fitness event
- Christmas Rummage & Bake Sales at Depot on Saturday
- BBB's 8 Tips to Avoid Locksmith Scams
- Chanukah in the Chocolate Factory!
- Kick Off Chanukah at East Side Public Menorah Celebration
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host Season of Giving Blood Drive
- HamBINGO Thursday December 11 to Benefit Second Hand Purrs
- CONUNDRUM WINE TASTING FIRST TIME BY BREEN
- Santa Visiting the Indoor Market this Saturday!
- Movie Matinee at St. Francis Library