In 2013 St. Ann Center for Intergenerational Care reached another high point in its oife as it marks its 30th anniversary. The celebration culminates on Thursday, December 19 at St. Ann Center with a free concert presented by Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra.
Founder and president, Sr. Edna Lonergan, stated: “In celebrating not only our past but our ongoing accomplishments in the field of community service we want to thank everyone who made St. Ann Center the amazing, life-touching force it is today.”
Sr. Edna Lonergan added: “Throughout our years of operation we have supported improved services for the underserved of our community. We also have provided a unique model of intergenerational day services for children as well as adults who are frail with age or challenged with disabilities or dementia.”
“As we stand at the threshold of another year and our future thereafter, we also will be breaking ground for our new facility on the near north side of our city. This touches the core of our Franciscan mission which is to see the Divine Presence in everyone, and to serve all with mutual respect and an inclusive spirit.”
“We want to take this opportunity to thank all our board of directors and our donors for their support. We could not have accomplished our mission thus far without the help of so many wonderful, caring people. We celebrate this 30th anniversary with a spirit of deep gratitude and hope.”
St. Ann Center is located at 2801 E. Morgan Avenue and provides day services for children, frail elderly and persons with disabilities all under one roof in interactive programs.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brighter Economic Prospects Brings Greater Focus on Cash Flow, Efficiency
- Rose Tattoo folk group to be revived in Milwaukee
- Bayview Historical Society 35th Anniversary Celebration
- St. Thomas More High School to Dedicate New Gym Floor to Coach Rick Majerus
- Band Concert - Cudahy Historical Society
- Habitat for Humanity Selects Flat Rate Home Services to Assist in New Project
- Meijer Launches Simply Give Campaign in New Wisconsin Supercenters
- Milwaukee's Inner-City Youth Have a Reason to Read & Succeed
- Mayor Announces that City of St. Francis Development efforts moving forward
- Increased aircraft activity over Milwaukee this week