WHO: Milwaukee Repertory Theater
WHEN: Every Thursday night following the performance of Woody Sez: The Life & Music of Woody Guthrie.
WHERE: Milwaukee Repertory Theater – Stackner Cabaret; Patty & Jay Baker Theater Complex; 108 E. Wells Street, Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
WHAT: Milwaukee Repertory Theater will be hosting a FREE hootenanny following every Thursday evening performance of Woody Sez: The Life & Music of Woody Guthrie in The Rep’s Stackner Cabaret. Dates are: Thursday, January 16, 23, 30, February 6, 13, 20, 27 and March 6. These events are free and open to the public. A hootenanny is an informal and family-friendly get-together where folk musicians join in an unstructured and free-flowing jam session, with no boundaries between audience and performer. Attendees can bring their instrument when they see Woody Sez – or just come with friends, family and sense of musical fun after the show – to have a ‘hoot’ with the cast of Woody Sez! This is a family-friendly affair, with beverages available to purchase.
Milwaukee Repertory Theater’s production of Woody Sez: The Life & Music of Woody Guthrie runs in The Rep’s Stackner Cabaret now – March 9. To learn more about this production or to purchase tickets, please visit www.MilwaukeeRep.com or call 414-224-9490.
Milwaukee Repertory Theater is a nationally-recognized company that presents compelling dramas, powerful classics, award-winning contemporary works, full-scale musicals, housed in its three unique performance venues – the Quadracci Powerhouse, Stiemke Studio and Stackner Cabaret. The Rep also produces an annual production of A Christmas Carol at the beautiful and historic Pabst Theater. Under the leadership of Artistic Director Mark Clements and Managing Director Chad Bauman, The Rep is committed to creating plays that are meaningful and relevant to the society we live in – plays that are challenging, visceral and engage the community through the issues they explore, demonstrating how a theater deeply rooted
in its locality can also enjoy a richly influential and resonant national voice.
- 40th Anniversary of the SM 1976 State Basketball Champs
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market temporarily moves for Evening on the Avenue Street Festival
- St Francis School District Rummage Sale
- South Milwaukee Performing Arts Center Presents: The Donny McCaslin Group- Musicians on David Bowie's Blackstar
- #YourStoryMKE Shares Personal Stories About Those Benefiting from Catholic Charities’ Programs
- Book Release Party at Cudahy Family Library
- Bay View Historical Society Annual Walk on August 6th
- St. Ann Center Gala Promises An Uplifting Experience
- Thank you from the Humboldt Park 4th of July Association
- August Summer Art Camps at Cattywampus