Please join us for the Milwaukee Junior League's Kids in the Kitchen at the Southwest YMCA starting in February.
Kids in the Kitchen is an interactive program that will empower your family to make healthy lifestyle choices. Kids in grades 1-5 and their parents/guardians will learn about the five food groups that are the building blocks for a healthy diet. This energetic program helps children learn the benefits of eating healthy using "MyPlate for Kids, " a simple nutrition guide. Each session includes hands-on meal preparation.
Kids in the Kitchen has three unique sessions and participants can sign-up for one, two, or all three.
Events will be held at the Southwest YMCA (11311 W. Howard Ave., Greenfield.
Saturday, February 22nd (Topic: MyPlate for Kids)
Saturday, March 1st (Topic: How Much food do I need?)
Saturday, March 8th (Topic: Empty Calories/Extra Food)
Cost is $5 per session for Y members ($12 for all 3) or $8 for 1 session for community participants ($20 for all 3).
If you have any questions, please contact Hanna Misiak at 414-329-3879 or via email at email@example.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- South Milwaukee native Jerome Kitzke performing at SMPAC Poetry in Music/Music in Poetry
- April 19: Meet Sundance Award-Winner & South Milwaukee Native Chad Gracia, Ukrainian Fedor Alexandrovich
- Do You Have a Silent Leak? Southeast Wisconsin Plumber Suggests Auditing Water Bill
- NEWCASTLE PLACE TO HOST MEMORIES IN THE MAKING® ART SHOWCASE
- End the Silence Panel Event
- HISPANIC PROFESSIONALS OF GREATER MILWAUKEE ANNOUNCES CRISTINA SARALEGUI AS KEYNOTE SPEAKER FOR FIVE STAR GALA
- Wilson Senior Center Travel Outing - Peter and the Starcatcher at the Rep on May 13
- Alverno College to Host Screening of Vel Phillips Documentary
- BloodCenter to Host Milwaukee Bucks Blood Drive
- Bunny Party at the St. Francis Library