Please join us for the Milwaukee Junior League's Kids in the Kitchen at the Southwest YMCA starting in February.
Kids in the Kitchen is an interactive program that will empower your family to make healthy lifestyle choices. Kids in grades 1-5 and their parents/guardians will learn about the five food groups that are the building blocks for a healthy diet. This energetic program helps children learn the benefits of eating healthy using "MyPlate for Kids, " a simple nutrition guide. Each session includes hands-on meal preparation.
Kids in the Kitchen has three unique sessions and participants can sign-up for one, two, or all three.
Events will be held at the Southwest YMCA (11311 W. Howard Ave., Greenfield.
Saturday, February 22nd (Topic: MyPlate for Kids)
Saturday, March 1st (Topic: How Much food do I need?)
Saturday, March 8th (Topic: Empty Calories/Extra Food)
Cost is $5 per session for Y members ($12 for all 3) or $8 for 1 session for community participants ($20 for all 3).
If you have any questions, please contact Hanna Misiak at 414-329-3879 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- MARDI GRAS IN MAY!
- Sister Edna’s Jewelry Gets Shiny New Look
- Midwest Premiere Event "A Disappearing"
- Play Minecraft in a Movie Theatre
- One week left to consider virtual education for your child
- Go Green, Gold and Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Becky’s Blissful Bakery Enters Partnerships to Create Cutting-Edge Caramel Pairings; First of its Kind in the Caramel Industry
- Spring Estate and Rummage Sale at St. Ann Center
- Master Gardener Plant Sale
- St. Joan Antida high School hosts its 10th annual Girls in Engineering Fair