Please join us for the Milwaukee Junior League's Kids in the Kitchen at the Southwest YMCA starting in February.
Kids in the Kitchen is an interactive program that will empower your family to make healthy lifestyle choices. Kids in grades 1-5 and their parents/guardians will learn about the five food groups that are the building blocks for a healthy diet. This energetic program helps children learn the benefits of eating healthy using "MyPlate for Kids, " a simple nutrition guide. Each session includes hands-on meal preparation.
Kids in the Kitchen has three unique sessions and participants can sign-up for one, two, or all three.
Events will be held at the Southwest YMCA (11311 W. Howard Ave., Greenfield.
Saturday, February 22nd (Topic: MyPlate for Kids)
Saturday, March 1st (Topic: How Much food do I need?)
Saturday, March 8th (Topic: Empty Calories/Extra Food)
Cost is $5 per session for Y members ($12 for all 3) or $8 for 1 session for community participants ($20 for all 3).
If you have any questions, please contact Hanna Misiak at 414-329-3879 or via email at email@example.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Little House on the Prairie Book Club
- St. Patrick’s Day Concert with David HB Drake
- Skip Jones ~Songs from Grandpa’s River
- Cinderella at the Avalon: A Cudahy Family Library Benefit
- Why You Should Care About National Consumer Protection Week
- Comedy Hypnotist Steven Coppola and Boston Comedian Mark Scalia to Perform at Franklin Elks
- Black History Month, A Time to End Smoking and Save Lives
- Milwaukee Concert Band Winter Concert
- Memory Cafes coming to Bay View!
- Milwaukee Art Museum Hosts Kohl's Art Generation Open Studio: Wearable Art