Please join us for the Milwaukee Junior League's Kids in the Kitchen at the Southwest YMCA starting in February.
Kids in the Kitchen is an interactive program that will empower your family to make healthy lifestyle choices. Kids in grades 1-5 and their parents/guardians will learn about the five food groups that are the building blocks for a healthy diet. This energetic program helps children learn the benefits of eating healthy using "MyPlate for Kids, " a simple nutrition guide. Each session includes hands-on meal preparation.
Kids in the Kitchen has three unique sessions and participants can sign-up for one, two, or all three.
Events will be held at the Southwest YMCA (11311 W. Howard Ave., Greenfield.
Saturday, February 22nd (Topic: MyPlate for Kids)
Saturday, March 1st (Topic: How Much food do I need?)
Saturday, March 8th (Topic: Empty Calories/Extra Food)
Cost is $5 per session for Y members ($12 for all 3) or $8 for 1 session for community participants ($20 for all 3).
If you have any questions, please contact Hanna Misiak at 414-329-3879 or via email at email@example.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Cool It at St. Ann Center Jewelry Sale and Ice Cream Social
- ART TO ART: True Stories
- High Tech Comes to Hair Replacement Business
- Alverno College Awarded Two-Year College Ready Grant from Great Lakes
- Two Fun Dog Events Coming Soon
- Polonia's Annual Festival
- Brighter Economic Prospects Brings Greater Focus on Cash Flow, Efficiency
- Rose Tattoo folk group to be revived in Milwaukee
- Bayview Historical Society 35th Anniversary Celebration
- St. Thomas More High School to Dedicate New Gym Floor to Coach Rick Majerus