Lt. Governor Rebecca Kleefisch spent approximately two hours touring St. Ann Center for Intergenerational Care on 2801 East Morgan Avenue. She visited with staff and clients, and met with Sr. Edna, founder and director of the center, center board member Sherri Husa, director of Managed Healthcare Services (who arranged the visit), board chair Craig Mackus, and Robert Schaefer, policy advisor to the Lt. Governor.
Lt. Governor Kleefish toured the entire 52,000 sq. ft. facility, and took special time to visit one on one with some of the clients of Shepherd House, the center’s Alzheimer and dementia unit. She clearly was impressed with the vitality and positive energy that reverberates throughout the unique center.
Sr. Edna confidently stated, “We are the future for community-based care.”
The Lt. Governor also reviewed the architectural plans for the proposed replication of St. Ann Center on Milwaukee’s central north side. A capital campaign is currently underway and ground-breaking is expected in early May.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Park for FREE at Mitchell Airport while getting unique gifts for everyone on your list
- Small Business Saturday Is Big at St. Ann Center
- “Shop Savvy” on Cyber Monday - and Every Day
- Christmas at the Horse
- "Shop Small"on Small Business Saturday
- South Milwaukee Christmas Market Returns on Dec. 5th
- ‘Tis the Season
- BBB's Holiday Helper: A Guide to Gifting and Giving
- Park Friends Welcome Santa
- 58th Annual Christmas Holly Fair