Lt. Governor Rebecca Kleefisch spent approximately two hours touring St. Ann Center for Intergenerational Care on 2801 East Morgan Avenue. She visited with staff and clients, and met with Sr. Edna, founder and director of the center, center board member Sherri Husa, director of Managed Healthcare Services (who arranged the visit), board chair Craig Mackus, and Robert Schaefer, policy advisor to the Lt. Governor.
Lt. Governor Kleefish toured the entire 52,000 sq. ft. facility, and took special time to visit one on one with some of the clients of Shepherd House, the center’s Alzheimer and dementia unit. She clearly was impressed with the vitality and positive energy that reverberates throughout the unique center.
Sr. Edna confidently stated, “We are the future for community-based care.”
The Lt. Governor also reviewed the architectural plans for the proposed replication of St. Ann Center on Milwaukee’s central north side. A capital campaign is currently underway and ground-breaking is expected in early May.
- Taiwan Excellence Comes to Summerfest
- Twice Baked Pottery to host Terri Lockwood for DRAW!
- Downtown Racine Art Walk -- DRAW -- Is Back!
- First Annual Taste of the Gateway: Wednesday, July 20
- Celebrate Summer at the Annual East Side Community BBQ!
- Bluegrass Fest Benefit to Pulaski Park-Cudahy
- Pancake Breakfast at the Kelly Center
- Hoops for Awareness
- The South Shore Farmers Market is open for the season
- Shop St. Francis Week - June 27 to July 4th Offers discounts and offers!