Lt. Governor Rebecca Kleefisch spent approximately two hours touring St. Ann Center for Intergenerational Care on 2801 East Morgan Avenue. She visited with staff and clients, and met with Sr. Edna, founder and director of the center, center board member Sherri Husa, director of Managed Healthcare Services (who arranged the visit), board chair Craig Mackus, and Robert Schaefer, policy advisor to the Lt. Governor.
Lt. Governor Kleefish toured the entire 52,000 sq. ft. facility, and took special time to visit one on one with some of the clients of Shepherd House, the center’s Alzheimer and dementia unit. She clearly was impressed with the vitality and positive energy that reverberates throughout the unique center.
Sr. Edna confidently stated, “We are the future for community-based care.”
The Lt. Governor also reviewed the architectural plans for the proposed replication of St. Ann Center on Milwaukee’s central north side. A capital campaign is currently underway and ground-breaking is expected in early May.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- First Day of School for St. Francis Public Schools
- Kelly Senior Center invites you to join their monthly Luncheon Outings
- Fun and Affordable Day Trips through Kelly Senior Center
- Animated Illusionist Ardan James to Perform
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market Plans Grand Reopening on July 31st - Shows off remodeled 11th Avenue Streetscape
- Bay View High School Holding 100th Anniversary
- Brain Injury Resource Center of Wisconsin, Inc.’s new informational commercial
- Post-Summer Polar Vortex, Return to the Beach and Check a Website for Conditions
- Local Theater Company Places Women in Spotlight in Upcoming World Premiere
- Relay For Life of the Southern 8 - August 1st