Lt. Governor Rebecca Kleefisch spent approximately two hours touring St. Ann Center for Intergenerational Care on 2801 East Morgan Avenue. She visited with staff and clients, and met with Sr. Edna, founder and director of the center, center board member Sherri Husa, director of Managed Healthcare Services (who arranged the visit), board chair Craig Mackus, and Robert Schaefer, policy advisor to the Lt. Governor.
Lt. Governor Kleefish toured the entire 52,000 sq. ft. facility, and took special time to visit one on one with some of the clients of Shepherd House, the center’s Alzheimer and dementia unit. She clearly was impressed with the vitality and positive energy that reverberates throughout the unique center.
Sr. Edna confidently stated, “We are the future for community-based care.”
The Lt. Governor also reviewed the architectural plans for the proposed replication of St. Ann Center on Milwaukee’s central north side. A capital campaign is currently underway and ground-breaking is expected in early May.
- BBB Tips to Ensure Wise Giving on Memorial Day
- HamBINGO Thursday June 2 to Benefit Second Hand Purrs
- County Parks Offers Free Chess Camps
- World Wide Knit in Public Day Celebration at Cudahy Family Library
- Art Show at Cudahy Depot
- OAKVIEW BUSINESS PARK LOOKS TO CAPITALIZE ON ROBUST OAK CREEK DEVELOPMENT MARKET
- Huge Bicycle Auction
- Spring Festival at Polonia Sport Club
- A Disappearing Continues!
- Eat at Transfer Pizzeria May 9-23 to benefit Second Hand Purrs