Moving Forward: Opening the door to new possibilities and a happier life for our aging loved ones
Howard Village senior community, 2500 E. Howard Avenue, is sponsoring a free presentation entitled, “Moving Forward – Opening the door to new possibilities and a happier life for our aging loved ones.” This informative program will be offered on Thursday, February 20th from 5:30-7:00 p.m. and is open to the public.
When the house that your parents so love begins to create obstacles to living a full and independent life, it could be time for a change. So how do you start the conversation, and guide them to what you know can be an enriching experience? If you’ve noticed some changes with your aging parents lately that concern you — maybe the house is not as tidy as it used to be,
the stairs have become unsafe for them to manage, or long hours at home alone are resulting in loneliness — this program can help you.
Adele Lund of Laureate Group Senior Communities and Bruce Nemovitz, Certified Seniors
Real Estate Specialist, have teamed up to provide you with information that can assist you in this time of transition. Through this program you will learn how you can guide your parents
in the right direction.
• Why is considering a move so hard for older adults, and for their adult children?
• How do you have an honest yet honoring conversation about the need for change?
• Understanding your options: Retirement communities, Senior Apartment complexes, Assisted Living.
• Selling a home? What are the current market conditions? Sell as is or fix it up? How do I time the sale of a home with a move to a senior community?
• What are the key steps for a successful transition?
A light supper will be provided and tours of Howard Village will be available. Please call 414-489-1400 by February 17th to register.
Howard Village is a Laureate Group community and offers independent and assisted living apartments. For more information, visit www.laureategroup.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wisconsin’s Living History Artist Ride Photoshoot
- Are you game? Test your Backgammon mettle
- Health Fair Returns to South Milwaukee Market on Thursday, September 10
- A Night for Remembering to Benefit Alzheimer's Association
- Oak Creek Community United Methodist Church 175th Anniversary Carnival
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin Thanks Donors with Complimentary Gas Card
- Alverno College Students Awarded Scholarships
- How to Choose a Trustworthy Plumber
- Wisonsin Panthers Basketball
- Cudahy Historical Society Open House This Saturday