Carnival Milwaukee event to celebrate the culture and diversity of Milwaukee while promoting local businesses and organizations
On Saturday, February 22, the Urban Economic Development Association of Wisconsin (UEDA) will celebrate Milwaukee’s culture and diversity with a night full of music, dancing, dining and carnival entertainment at its annual fundraiser, Carnival Milwaukee. The event will be held from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. at the Zoofari Conference Center located at 9715 W. Bluemound Road in Milwaukee.
Every year, Carnival Milwaukee welcomes more than 250 participants. Attendees will have the opportunity to taste an array of food from more than 24 local Milwaukee restaurants and caterers, enjoy live music by De La Buena and participate in raffles and other activities. A list of participating food vendors can be found at www.CarnivalMilwaukee.com. All guests are encouraged to dress up in Carnival costumes or cultural attire.
Tickets are $40 and may be purchased online at http://www.CarnivalMilwaukee.com, at the door, or by calling (414) 562-9904. The funds generated by this event will further UEDA’s work assisting organizations in building their capacity to better serve their communities in a variety of areas of community and economic development. In addition, support will ensure that UEDA can continue to use its expertise in coordinating, facilitating and forging collaborations in areas such as foreclosure, public transportation and jobs, sustainable homeownership and regional food initiatives.
UEDA is a membership organization that has been working with professionals, organizations and groups since 1997. UEDA’s work has focused primarily on housing development, economic development and job creation with an emphasis on regional transportation, foreclosure mitigation, sustainable homeownership and the regional food economy.
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- Back To School....BBB Reminds You To Shop Smart!
- Railway Adventure Trip
- First Annual St. Robert Pretzel Run Offers Participants Fun and a Tasty Treat
- 15th Stu's Flooring Benefit Golf Outing Tees Off
- 40th Anniversary of the SM 1976 State Basketball Champs
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market temporarily moves for Evening on the Avenue Street Festival
- St Francis School District Rummage Sale
- South Milwaukee Performing Arts Center Presents: The Donny McCaslin Group- Musicians on David Bowie's Blackstar