Carnival Milwaukee event to celebrate the culture and diversity of Milwaukee while promoting local businesses and organizations
On Saturday, February 22, the Urban Economic Development Association of Wisconsin (UEDA) will celebrate Milwaukee’s culture and diversity with a night full of music, dancing, dining and carnival entertainment at its annual fundraiser, Carnival Milwaukee. The event will be held from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. at the Zoofari Conference Center located at 9715 W. Bluemound Road in Milwaukee.
Every year, Carnival Milwaukee welcomes more than 250 participants. Attendees will have the opportunity to taste an array of food from more than 24 local Milwaukee restaurants and caterers, enjoy live music by De La Buena and participate in raffles and other activities. A list of participating food vendors can be found at www.CarnivalMilwaukee.com. All guests are encouraged to dress up in Carnival costumes or cultural attire.
Tickets are $40 and may be purchased online at http://www.CarnivalMilwaukee.com, at the door, or by calling (414) 562-9904. The funds generated by this event will further UEDA’s work assisting organizations in building their capacity to better serve their communities in a variety of areas of community and economic development. In addition, support will ensure that UEDA can continue to use its expertise in coordinating, facilitating and forging collaborations in areas such as foreclosure, public transportation and jobs, sustainable homeownership and regional food initiatives.
UEDA is a membership organization that has been working with professionals, organizations and groups since 1997. UEDA’s work has focused primarily on housing development, economic development and job creation with an emphasis on regional transportation, foreclosure mitigation, sustainable homeownership and the regional food economy.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- City of Cudahy Arbor Day/ Earth Day Free Event
- HUGE Kelly Senior Center Rummage - Saturday, April 26
- St. Francis All Abilities Playground Craft/Vendor Fair
- Learn about Compost on Earth Day at Brew City Gardens
- HamBingo Wednesday April 23 Benefiting Second Hand Purrs
- Spring Market Returns to SM High School on April 26th
- Build For A Better South Shore
- St. Francis Library Spring Party
- Eat at Ruby Tuesday in Greendale April 17-19 to Benefit Second Hand Purrs
- 20th Assembly District Candidate Mike Pierce Names Campaign Manager