Deer Creek Intermediate 8th grade science teacher, Mr. Peter Graven has his DCIS robotics team ready for combat, taking on other ROV's in the MATE ROV Competition at Discovery World, March 30, 2014. His team will be competing in the Scout Division and will be entering in two ROV's ( Remotely Operated Vehicle), one named Odysseus. This underwater competition between the ROV's will showcase students science, technology, engineering and math skills (STEM) and their ability to put them to practical use. Mr. Graven started the St. Francis STEM program and the FLL and FTC Robotic Teams. He has been involved with the groups for over six years is passionate about STEM for his students. He also has a partnership with UWM and their Hand Rehabilitation Lab. University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee and St. Francis robotic students work together on robots on many of the university's research projects. In fact, the Community University Partnership (CUP Award) was awarded to them for the 2013-2014 school year. Deer Creek students along with the St. Francis School District wish Mr. Graven and his robotics team good luck this weekend and hope Odysseus brings home a win.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- 10-year Anniversary Celebration Saturday September 27
- Support Group for Divorced and Separated
- Ss Peter and Paul Celebrates 100th Anniversary
- WARREN WIEGRATZ ADDRESSES MUSIC CLUB
- SM Historical Society "Decorating for the Holidays" Seminar
- New Books & Brew Book Club
- St. Francis Business of the Year
- Author of "The Map Thief" at UWM Sept. 28
- 3rd Annual St. Francis Lions Beer & Wine Tasting
- UWM's Academic Adventurers: "GIS Comes to Kazakhstan"