Deer Creek Intermediate 8th grade science teacher, Mr. Peter Graven has his DCIS robotics team ready for combat, taking on other ROV's in the MATE ROV Competition at Discovery World, March 30, 2014. His team will be competing in the Scout Division and will be entering in two ROV's ( Remotely Operated Vehicle), one named Odysseus. This underwater competition between the ROV's will showcase students science, technology, engineering and math skills (STEM) and their ability to put them to practical use. Mr. Graven started the St. Francis STEM program and the FLL and FTC Robotic Teams. He has been involved with the groups for over six years is passionate about STEM for his students. He also has a partnership with UWM and their Hand Rehabilitation Lab. University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee and St. Francis robotic students work together on robots on many of the university's research projects. In fact, the Community University Partnership (CUP Award) was awarded to them for the 2013-2014 school year. Deer Creek students along with the St. Francis School District wish Mr. Graven and his robotics team good luck this weekend and hope Odysseus brings home a win.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- "Shop Small"on Small Business Saturday
- South Milwaukee Christmas Market Returns on Dec. 5th
- ‘Tis the Season
- BBB's Holiday Helper: A Guide to Gifting and Giving
- Park Friends Welcome Santa
- 58th Annual Christmas Holly Fair
- 2nd annual Larry Penn Memorial Concert
- “Let There Be Light!” with David HB Drake
- Families raising money for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
- Local Contractor Joins Campaign for Hunger Relief